LOUD door chime

Has anyone else noticed how loud the door chime on the 2014 Chevy's (and most likely GMCs) are? Mine is very loud, and I've had others mention it too while they're in the truck. It doesn't give you a chance to get your seat belt done befopre yelling at you. I found what looks like a chime volume in the settings but even on the lowest it's still very loud. Any tricks to turning the volumke down much further? Or worst case disabling all together?

I don't know, I get in my truck, start it, put my seatbelt on and go, I don't have any chimes.. Are you driving without your seatbelt on or something? Mine is not loud by any means, infact I hardly notice it. I know some of the new Fords I've used (borrowed trucks, or for work) have all had horribly annoying chimes when you don't put your seatbelt on.

I played with the chime volume setting again, it doesnlt seem to have any effect on the chime volume at all. I have it slid all the way to the left which appears to be off, but thats still the ear piercing loud setting. I'm now looking for a way to completely shut it off (the seat belt nag). I've found a few sites that tell you how to silence other vehicles through gas pedal presses after turning the truck to start but havent found the trick for the 2014 GMs yet. For me, if I start it remotely and let it warm up it seems like when I get in it immediately starts screaming at me and you cant get the seatbelt on fast enough....I also have a very long dirt driveway and I dont put my belt back on after getting my mail from the maibox....I drive 10 miles per hour down the driveway and it starts blasting me and trying to explode my ear drums. Until I figure out how to silence it I'm keeping hearing protection in my truck from my trip from the mailbox to the house.

• 1 year later...

Has anyone else noticed how loud the door chime on the 2014 Chevy's (and most likely GMCs) are? Mine is very loud, and I've had others mention it too while they're in the truck. It doesn't give you a chance to get your seat belt done befopre yelling at you. I found what looks like a chime volume in the settings but even on the lowest it's still very loud. Any tricks to turning the volumke down much further? Or worst case disabling all together?

I try to put my seat belt on prior to starting the engine. This allows for no chime, but I agree it is way too loud.

• 1 month later...