Silverado Headlight Trim / Bezel Removal

I'm going to start the color matching soon and I can't find anywhere that has a how-to or instructions on how to remove the chrome trim / bezel around the headlights. The grille removal is easy, and the bumpers I'm taking to powdercoat this weekend, but I'd like some insight on how to get the headlight trim off so I can take it with the grille to get painted.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

must post pictures of the powdercoated bumpers as soon as they are bolted back on your truck... just sayin, that is a must!

Or you can just search the color match thread. Or search google for a high country in your color lol

• 7 months later...

i removed my headlights then you can see better of how the chrome trim is clipped on around the headlight.. unpop it from all the clips then ease it off the headlight as it is adhesive taped on also. i removed the chrome trim off my headlights to see how it would look but im going with aftermarket headlights now.post-135286-0-74454900-1413671150_thumb.jpg

post-135286-0-74454900-1413671150_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Has anyone tried these:

Check out this item I found on eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?nav=item.view&id=131515707966&alt=web

I just ordered the black version off amazon- should make returns easier if I'm not happy. The Amazon listing has only 1 review, but it is favorable and the picture looks good.

I just ordered the black version off amazon- should make returns easier if I'm not happy. The Amazon listing has only 1 review, but it is favorable and the picture looks good.

let me know how it goes. Might pick up a primed pair and a can of tungsten spray if you like them

I recommend leaving the truck in the sun for a few hours. Remove the grill and go slow use a screwdriver to help with the clips. Losen the bolts that hold lights in.. I just did mine very easy... just take your time