Engine bay got you down...Clean it up with a new cover.

Glad to see a lot of folks are enjoying the new covers. My step-brother (LuciasMaximus) helped out as well on this so not all the credit goes to me here. He did a paint job on his to make it black which turned out solid as well.

I liked the upgrade and just recently purchased everything to do it. Thanks for the information and the best places (pricing) to purchase everything.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the Chevy emblem still on Back order?

I was told Chevy cancelled my emblem order today (11/25/14) because they were out of stock and I told them to reorder it again.

I installed my engine cover and Chevy decal today and it looks great. The silver color on the engine cover kinda matches my truck exterior color which is also a plus. It is a very simple installation.

I installed my engine cover and Chevy decal today and it looks great. The silver color on the engine cover kinda matches my truck exterior color which is also a plus. It is a very simple installation.

Any pics?

I've ordered the emblem today .Can't wait to get them :)

Edited by block8head

Any pics?

I've ordered the emblem today .Can't wait to get them :)

There are photos above. The silver color (close enough) cover on the black engine compartment when you open the hood color matches the silver in my exterior truck color. Nice little extra with silver painted trucks. You can color match it to any exterior color of the truck to give it that custom truck look. The silver color just "pops" very nicely to the rest of the truck when you open the hood in my opinion.

Edited by PMattras

• 1 month later...

What is the purpose of this engine cover on the Cadillac? I was curious if the cover provided some sound insulation for masking the ticking of the direct injection pump and injectors. Please let me know on that, if it provides extra sound deadening I am ordering one today....................... The engine ticking does annoy me and would be worth a couple of bucks if this cover lowers the ticking volume.