Bed Covers... Why charge more for newer trucks?

This may have already been posted, but I couldn't find it...

From 04-19 the bed size of the Chevy Silverados are very similar. Less than 1.3" in either direction for the 5'8" Crew Cab beds. We have purchased 14-18 covers that fit perfectly on 2019's. With a measurement, I could determine if I should purchase two of the 04-06 covers for our other 2019 trucks. 

Here's the inside dimensions I have found online for the trucks:

04-06: 68.13" x 63.19"

07-13: 68" x 63.63"

14-18: 69.33" x 62.33"

All of the covers that I have purchased will overlap the side rails by about 2" and tailgate by a little more, which in theory would mean that they would fit various trucks just fine. The problem is that none of the sellers post the exact dimensions, nor will they give that information when asked.

I suppose this is so that buyers will have to buy the more expensive covers for the newer year trucks. The same covers, made from the exact same materials vary in price from $299 to nearly $900 from vendor to vendor and year to year. I understand supply and demand, but this simply feels like price gouging. 

Anyone have any experience with this? I have put the 14-18 covers on 2019 trucks, and they fit just fine. Just wondering if the plethora of 04-06 $299 covers are of similar size.

Anyone know?