Why no A/C or heat vents for the rear seats?

It is a cheap out by GM and they should have them. They've done an overall great job on the new truck but buyers will notice things like this (rear vents and heated seats) now when paying the ridiculous cost a new truck has attached to it. The competitors have vents and seat heaters in the back, plain and simple.

It wasn't a deal breaker for me and there are vents under the seats but I also run mine as an oilpatch vehicle and swap them frequently. I can't say I wouldn't have gone with the GM but it's likely I would've waited for some of these small items to show up on a year later truck if I was keeping it for a 5-10 year term.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Work fine here in the heat in Texas.

Front is fine for me. Passengers always complain in the rear here in Florida though. Always have to point the two center vents straight at their faces.

I'm not bothered by this issue, but the under seat vents are not designed to aid rear passenger's comfort.

I just want it to be September so the 95 degree days that feel like 105 are gone :P

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For sure a cheap out by gm. I don't care as much for back seat heaters but it's a joke really that at the very least on the crew cabs there aren't any vents in the rear. Below the seats = a joke

It doesn't make it break it for me but gm should do this soon. Hopefully the updated new body style wil have them.

Work fine here in the heat in Texas.

Floor vents are not AC vents, they are designed for heat. Its horrific and an embarrassment to GM that they can't supply a basic requirement of crew cab truck owners. I don't care where you live, maintaining the same cab temperature from front to back is impossible in the space without rear vents.

Ford, Toyota and Ram all have vents in back of the center console. Just can't understand why gm would not do this in a truck priced @ 50,000. My 06 tundra had them on each door post in the rear come on gm.

I've ridden in dozens of 900-series crew cabs in scorching heat and bitter cold, the climate control worked just fine.

You're one of the few who doesn't care. Please let the other people in this thread raise their concerns and dislikes. Is it going to affect you to have rear vents?

You're one of the few who doesn't care. Please let the other people in this thread raise their concerns and dislikes. Is it going to affect you to have rear vents?

GM dropped rear vents in 2006. Go ahead and keep complaining.

GM dropped rear vents in 2006. Go ahead and keep complaining.

I believe your assumption is that GM dropped them because customers didn't find them useful. I don't believe that's true, its more than likely a cost decision. Whatever the reason, a thread like this allows users outside of "control groups" to voice what options are likely to sway them to buy the next model. Marketing people from all industries watch social media for such reasons.

Sitting in my slt cc truck today in Florida and noticed my child sweeting. With the ac on auto turned down to 65 no air was blowing out the magic underseat vents i see several praising. After experimenting i found i have to turn it to the floor setting to get some air moving through the vents, not enough to keep my child cool i may add.

After leaving chevy for a number of years due to quality issues i decided to come back and while i enjoy the new body style truck over previous generations my f150 that i traded was a much better designed truck. The ac seats dis not blow hot air on my child rendering them useless, the heated seats got hot, it had reae ac vents, it didnt vibrate. The frame coating didnt peel off, was much roomier, and the radio and voice commands actually worked. Many other gripes but piss poor climare control is the worst for me at the moment, until i get on the highway and start vibrating again.

Archived