Possible Brake Issue

I am also watching this. My truck did this very thing twice in the past three weeks. I dropped mine off at the dealer on Tuesday and am waiting for a response from them still. They haven't found anything yet. They are trying to contact their technical support to help them try and find something. Intermittent issues are tough, but I don't want to be going down the street and hit anyone or anything....

Hope they figure it out!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This happened to my exes Cruze when they first came out. Similar at least. If you threw it into reverse immediately after starting it sometimes the brakes wouldn't work. Super stiff pedal. Took it to the dealership and they replaced some relay or sensor. Happened again and they replaced another part. A short while later there was a recall for most cruzes due to a braking issue.

I about backed that thing through my parents garage while STANDING on the pedal. Might want to look into Cruze issues with braking and go from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, having been having the same issue for about a month now, but mainly when the truck is in reverse, peddle stiffens up and stopping power is next to none.

At the dealership today with about 500 miles left on my warranty and they just told me the vacuum pump on the brake booster has failed and will obviously be covered. Hope this helps anyone with similar issues.

• 3 months later...
On 9/29/2017 at 9:00 AM, mgiguere20 said:

Hi guys, having been having the same issue for about a month now, but mainly when the truck is in reverse, peddle stiffens up and stopping power is next to none.

At the dealership today with about 500 miles left on my warranty and they just told me the vacuum pump on the brake booster has failed and will obviously be covered. Hope this helps anyone with similar issues.

Have you had anymore issues after they replaced the vac pump?  My ‘14 is having the same issues you have described.  Scheduled for the shop this Friday.

Have you had anymore issues after they replaced the vac pump?  My ‘14 is having the same issues you have described.  Scheduled for the shop this Friday.

It’s been about 10k miles since the fix and everything is working as it should. The dealer told me when they did the service that the pump and pulley were updated and it shouldn’t happen again, we’ll see. Good luck

• 3 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Kendall Schmidt said:

My boyfriend has been experiencing this same issue and had to take it in to get the Brake VAC Pump replaced. Turns out, it was lodged out of place by the shaking the truck does when he drives over 60mph. 

We're trying to get some answers and collect information on the issue and started a survey to understand why the dealer hasn't been able to detect this issue and fix it sooner. If you'd like to take part in it, we'd love your feedback on the issue too: http://bit.ly/gmshake

...A bolted to the engine block vacuum pump doesn't just "lodge out of place"? 

Archived