2017 Gas 2500 Changes

Much more to a high idle switch than just keeping a diesel warm. If you're running accessories or using extra battery power in any way it's good to have.

I hear what you're saying, my question was more about the fact you were able to get that option with a gas engine, I didn't think that was possible

Sent from my STH100-1 using Tapatalk

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear what you're saying, my question was more about the fact you were able to get that option with a gas engine, I didn't think that was possible

Ah, I see. I think it's been availble with the introduction of the 2015HD 6.0. Sure is handy to have.

Ah, I see. I think it's been availble with the introduction of the 2015HD 6.0. Sure is handy to have.

Sigh... one more thing it looks like I'll have to see if I can retrofit [emoji1]

Sigh... one more thing it looks like I'll have to see if I can retrofit [emoji1]

It could be programable if you have a 2015+? I have plenty of use for the switch whether it's running a 12v pump or boosting a frozen Kenworth in -30 lol

It could be programable if you have a 2015+? I have plenty of use for the switch whether it's running a 12v pump or boosting a frozen Kenworth in -30 lol

Hhhmmm.... Where is the switch located?

Hhhmmm.... Where is the switch located?

It works off the cruise control. I haven't used mine yet because the truck just landed at the dealer but I should have it by the end of the week. There's probably some threads on here with better insight than me relating to this but to my knowledge it can be programmed.

It works off the cruise control. I haven't used mine yet because the truck just landed at the dealer but I should have it by the end of the week. There's probably some threads on here with better insight than me relating to this but to my knowledge it can be programmed.

Interesting, that makes sense. Just so happens a good buddy of mine does all the computer /programing stuff at the dealership where I bought my truck. I shall be talking with him

Interesting, that makes sense. Just so happens a good buddy of mine does all the computer /programing stuff at the dealership where I bought my truck. I shall be talking with him

I think the only drawback working off the cruise is if you need sustained idle (elevated idle while plowing for example) it'll always clear when you tap the brake to move the truck or won't engage I in gear. Pretty sure it'll only work in stationary situations.

Bonus if your buddy knows this stuff at the dealer. He can also point out to you where I might be wrong lol

Maybe you need the Upfitter switches:

9L7 Upfitter switches, (4) Provides 4-30 amp circuits to facilitate installation of aftermarket electrical accessories

available from the factory on base level trims

I think the only drawback working off the cruise is if you need sustained idle (elevated idle while plowing for example) it'll always clear when you tap the brake to move the truck or won't engage I in gear. Pretty sure it'll only work in stationary situations.

Bonus if your buddy knows this stuff at the dealer. He can also point out to you where I might be wrong lol

IIRC, it even requires that the parking brake on.

2010 owners manual shows it was available then as well.

I remember seeing it on the paper work for the 2011s (gassers) as well. Was it available earlier than 2010?

That's odd because in my 2014 1500 owners manual it made it seem as if you had cruise control you have the high idle option. I don't remember it saying "If Equipped". I relied for the longest time but it didn't work lol be great for jump starting trucks

I think the option is a simple enabling of the ECM, and whether you have cruise control or not (our 2012 company truck doesn't have cruise).

I thought about having it enabled, but I haven't really seen a need...it's really meant for something like a wrecker, to get speed out of the PTO.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Archived