Midnight Edition Mods

I'm putting on a Lund with a LED lightbar but I can't install it until the license plate relocation bracket gets delivered. Lund said they're out of stock and don't expect them to come in until June 1st.

You think they would have some on hand ? DO you lose your tow hooks ?

You would think. Apparently, it's nationwide. I believe so, but I'm not sure since I haven't installed the bar. For me, it's worth the trade off.

maybe a write up on installed / photo's & any pointers how easy / hard the installed went . Thanks

Got a z71 badge for the rear. next is to black out the silverado letters. Dam i wish the badges on the side were black instead of chrome.

looks good - need photo's when done . only the bowtie is on my tailgate .

• 2 weeks later...

I wanted a Midnight. I couldn't justify the cost knowing that it was only appearance package. I settled for a 2LT and making it a Midnight myself. I removed the Silverado door emblems and replaced them with GM Z71 OEM, replaced the bow ties with GM black bow ties, tinted the front windows 20%, removed the Z71 bed stickers, traded the Wranglers for Duratacs. Only thing left is to powder coat the rims and spray the front brush guard.

Nice looking trucks guys!

I wanted a Midnight. I couldn't justify the cost knowing that it was only appearance package. I settled for a 2LT and making it a Midnight myself. I removed the Silverado door emblems and replaced them with GM Z71 OEM, replaced the bow ties with GM black bow ties, tinted the front windows 20%, removed the Z71 bed stickers, traded the Wranglers for Duratacs. Only thing left is to powder coat the rims and spray the front brush guard.

Nice looking trucks guys!

Photo's Please .

Photo's Please .

For sure. I am on a eighty hour workweek. On my weekend I will post one up. I am glad I passed on the Midnight Editions saving myself almost $2,600. So far:

GM OEM Black Bowties $42

GM OEM Z71 10" Emblems $48

Removing emblems and stickers about $50 for materials (adhesive removal, plastic razor blade and 3M Magic Wheel)

3M Tints $89

Duratacs mounted $129

Powder coating $253

Brush guard painting $12 for a quart of OEM paint

Edited by Craig777

For sure. I am on a eighty hour workweek. On my weekend I will post one up. I am glad I passed on the Midnight Editions saving myself almost $2,600. So far:

I remember my first part time job, what is a weekend?............Lol. I'm on 84 a week, day 27 so far........so I feel you.

I remember my first part time job, what is a weekend?............Lol. I'm on 84 a week, day 27 so far........so I feel you.

My "weekends" are weekdays. Blows. No part-time job for me. Been doing it the last ten years. The hours aren't optional. But, I make double time on the overtime.