I was wondering about upgrading my small cluster in my 2015 sierra WT to the multi-color/4.2 inch cluster. Is this something that is possible? The connectors are the same on the back so I guess all the wiring is there and its just a matter of getting the BCM programmed. Any info would be great!

Not possible, dealers are not able to flash the BCM with any calibration other than the one that was installed in your modules based on the options and features your VIN has from the factory.

I've heard that before, but was hoping to get someone to program the cluster and BCM. I know a member on here can program it, but his inbox is full so I figured I would ask while I wait. Thanks for the response

yeah Chris is the only person who can do it, I am not sure if he does it anymore or if it is thru the company that took over for him on the MMI programming.

yeah Chris is the only person who can do it, I am not sure if he does it anymore or if it is thru the company that took over for him on the MMI programming.

Would you happen to know the company name?

That's sad that dealers can't do this but one talented individual has figured out a way to do this.

Not really sad, Chris worked for GM as an engineer, so he had some info that most people would never have available to them. GM has locked the dealers out on purpose due to how people mod their vehicles and add on non-factory options and then want GM/Dealer to cover them under warranty work.

Sadly I see the next step as complete lock out of the ECM/TCM systems to where we will never be able to program them. Case in point, Audi checks your car every time it comes in for service for non-factory calibration, they see everything on their calibrations no matter if you flashed back to stock ahead of time. If you go in for an oil change and Audi sees a non-factory calibration or evidence of one they flag the vehicle in their system and then will refuse warranty coverage on the powertrain down the road if any issues come up. Before anyone screams but you cant under the Magnusson/Moss warranty act, watch them. While it is up to the manufacture to bear the burden of proof, their pockets are way deeper than any of ours.

Archived