Whine upon acceleration

I purchased a 2015 Silverado with the 5.3 this weekend with 11,000 miles on it. Since i have been driving it and getting used to it I have noticed a faint whine from the motor at low speed accelerations (mostly from a stop). The sound increases as rpms increase up to about 2500 rpm. Other than that the truck performs flawlessly. Is this normal for this generation of 5.3s? Thanks in advance for any responses. This is my first Chevy and I am looking forward to being a part of this forum!

Hooper

Same here, sounds like a ford power steering whine issue but not as loud. My dealer continues to tell me it's the fuel pump, not sure i am buying that excuse though.

The mechanic at my dealership said that he had heard it in some other Silverado's. If it is normal,shouldn't it be heard in all of them instead of some?

Edited by twotonejimmy

My whine comes from the passenger seat. Stops when I accelerate slower or she gets out of the truck.

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

:lol: too funny. Update on what is going on: I ran the truck by the dealer and got a service manager to listen to it. He said its normal but i don't buy it. It seems to do get worse as the truck warms up. It is really noticeable when you rev the truck in neutral. Any ideas on what it could be?

I was talking to my dad about this just the other day. My 14 does the exact same thing you're describing, but his 15 has never made a peep. Its most noticeable if I've got the window down easing through a parking lot but yeah, there's a high-pitched whine when accelerating from a stop, and it gets louder as the RPMs climb. I'd love to hear some suggestions/solutions..keep us updated.

All I know is it's still under warranty :thumbs:

• 4 months later...