Tapatalk - love it or hate it?

What are your thoughts on Tapatalk?

The last update now has me following everyone that I quoted their post...just realized that this morning...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Used to be super handy but it's gotten annoying with the ads and the weird behavior. When you quote someone (on the Apple version anyhow), a check box is ticked on the little icon bar above the keyboard, automatically following posts. I uncheck this every time. When I remember . haha

What are your thoughts on Tapatalk?

The last update now has me following everyone that I quoted their post...just realized that this morning...

Yea that pissed me off too. It can be disabled.

Other than that I think Tapatalk makes life a lot easier on this forum (and the many other forums I'm on).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I love it. I would probably never visit the site and like that an app is available. Even better that said app is cross forum and brings all my forums together in one place.

Those settings you guys are complaining about are frustrating, but are settings and can be turned off in the app settings. I also hated them when the update defaulted them to "on."

Ads suck, but someone had to pay for app development.

For the life of me, I can't find any setting that will allow me to not follow someone when quoted...I have an android OS though...

Go to your profile in Tapatalk, Settings, Auto Follow. Once in the Auto Follow menu, there are a bunch of options.

81d8c280e76624c6a52a5fe207e3a4f9.jpg

883bb5cfb47da4e99894bc566f91d389.jpg

f3b5daeff86d447e8fad055adb23f01b.jpg

Hmmph, looked at this just now...none of those options were there. Rebooted, and all the options appeared...no wonder I couldn't find them.

Thank you for that info!

I really like Tapatalk. I actually paid for it back in like 2012-2013. Then it went free and I was pissed. But the silver lining was the company gave VIP status to those who bought it. Basically no ads, which is great consider the amount of ads on a regular forum site. I do wish that on another forum I belong to had better support. I run into issues where sometimes posts show and sometimes they don't. But it's that one forum so I can't hold it against Tapatalk.

I've found it to have quirks.

Right now it blasts both my emails and pushes me an alert for notifications...I've turned off email notifications at the website and on Tapatalk and still get emails. The best part is, they shouldn't even have the one email!

It will also sometimes not load any updated feeds, sometimes it will revert back to default settings, mix the order of my feeds up, etc.

The one limiting factor is only about half of the Websites I visit actually use Tapatalk.

It is handy having everything in one place and on a mobile format...just quirky at times.

Archived