2017 sierra denali ultimate

So, I’m interested in buying a 2017 1500 sierra Denali with the ultimate package but I’m reading that a lot of people or having problems with the 1500 vibrating and gm have not done nothing some people having even tried to purchase another vehicle but lots a couple of thousand so my question is should I even purchase the 1500 or should I look at something else. And also I forgot to mention I own a 2016 Chevy traverse ltz and so far I have had no problems.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just test drive it for an extended time at all speeds you may travel. Up to 99 MPH in most cases. Keep in mind, there is nothing ground breaking in the Denali as far as technology or luxury. The current old body style is at the end of production life. Look for the updated model very soon. The only thing ultimate on the current model is the price for the rims.

Welcome to this forum. Keep reading and you will find a lot of people enjoying their smooth riding GM's! As O_J_Simpson suggested, you may want to wait and see the upcoming version before deciding.

Wait for the 19's to come out and then buy an 18 for about 25% off. Because there will be a premium price paid for the first round of 2019 models on the lots. I suspect the drivetrain on the "new" models will not change much anyway. Then again if you got the cash and want to keep up with the Jones' swing away.

• 3 months later...

Go ahead and get yourself a 2017 Ultimate just be sure to take a long test drive to check it out. Chances are pretty slim that you will find a shaker. If it is a shaker walk away. I would suggest to get the std bed length 6-6 (if you have enough garage length to park it easily) i noticed that the extra 9.5" of wheelbase on the std bed 6-6 (153" wheelbase) versus the short bed 5-8 (143.5") makes a for a better ride quality IMHO plus you have more use able bed space. God love the inventor of the Trifold steps these things are awesome. I am also digging this new driver assist system it actually steers the truck back into the center of the lane if you start to veer. It kind of freaked me out when it started moving the steering wheel on its own LOL but after a while it grew on me. if you look hard enough and are patient enough you can get a fantastic deal on one of these.....

Denali will also get you the Magnetic Ride Control and customizable dash cluster. Big thing with the Ultimate is the 22" wheels and power steps come with the package. I had a 2016 Denali with the power steps and opted to order my 17 with 22's and skipped the power boards.

If you do get the Denali be sure to have the clear tape added to the front bumper before you leave the dealer...they chip easy.

There are millions of these trucks on the road now. A few hundred people complaining on the Internet is hardly a widespread issue

And it seems they all find their way here.

Answer to OP: Drive it. Like it? Buy it!

FWIW: I have a 2017 Denali Ultimate with the 6.2L and a standard bed (TK15743) and am quite happy with it. About 4500 miles on it with no problems so far. I must admit, it's a very nice truck. I'm sure you'll be happy with it. :-)

post-63686-0-47444300-1495310100_thumb.jpg

Archived