How many miles are on your 2014+

So you bought a truck with 111K miles on it that developed AC problems and you think GM should fix it for free? Good luck on that one. If you came from a 99 model you will know they had some issues as well (fuel/brake/trans lines rotting, speed sensors going out prematurely, steering shaft popping, bad rear brake design that required constant pad changes, etc) and GM didn't fix these problems for people out of warranty even though they were common and well known issues.

To keep on subject though I have 17,500 miles on mine and owned it for 2 years and 9 months. I have spent a ton of time at the dealership with numerous recalls plus annoying little things that have been fixed under warranty. I have been in a GM truck my whole life but I will never buy a first year run of any vehicle again. People can bash Toyoyta all they want and their gas guzzling engines but I think a 2014 Tundra will have less issues and problems than a 2014 silverado will over a 10 year/150k miles ownership period. The low mpg's of the Toy will probably be easily offset by the repair costs of the GM. I hope this is not the case and I guess I will find out because I have owned only 4 vehicles in my whole life and all 4 have been full size V8 GM's that I have owned for 10+ years each and those last 3 were great trucks that didn't start giving me problems till they were near 10 years old.

• 2 weeks later...

So you bought a truck with 111K miles on it that developed AC problems and you think GM should fix it for free? Good luck on that one. If you came from a 99 model you will know they had some issues as well (fuel/brake/trans lines rotting, speed sensors going out prematurely, steering shaft popping, bad rear brake design that required constant pad changes, etc) and GM didn't fix these problems for people out of warranty even though they were common and well known issues.

To keep on subject though I have 17,500 miles on mine and owned it for 2 years and 9 months. I have spent a ton of time at the dealership with numerous recalls plus annoying little things that have been fixed under warranty. I have been in a GM truck my whole life but I will never buy a first year run of any vehicle again. People can bash Toyoyta all they want and their gas guzzling engines but I think a 2014 Tundra will have less issues and problems than a 2014 silverado will over a 10 year/150k miles ownership period. The low mpg's of the Toy will probably be easily offset by the repair costs of the GM. I hope this is not the case and I guess I will find out because I have owned only 4 vehicles in my whole life and all 4 have been full size V8 GM's that I have owned for 10+ years each and those last 3 were great trucks that didn't start giving me problems till they were near 10 years old.

National back order, do you know what that means? NATIONAL BACK ORDER!! You know what, I don't either but I have an educated guess. They're nationally out of stock. Why, I'm glad you asked. Maybe because a majority of the vehicles this particular condenser was installed in failed. So does mileage REALLY matter? I took my truck in for a seatbelt recall, it was free. I guess I should've paid right, because I brought a truck that had 111k right? lol The only reason the condensers aren't recalled is because it isn't a safety issue. Its a bad design just like those numerous recalls that were repaired free of charge. Point made.

Maybe you should just, "keep on subject"? You think, I don't think you do.

My '84 GMC with a 110hp V6 gets 4 mpg better that my truck with a 2500 lb loaded trailer than this truck, it's pathetic. My next truck will be a Ram no question; I know quite a few with them, and they're the standby when the wife's Honda breaks down. 250k is the norm, though abating rust is a full time job.

I've had my front prop shaft start doing the hula at 6500, and the tailgate and front headlight stop closing and start falling out, respectively, by 10k. All the TSBs were performed.

I have a 2014 CC LTZ with 73,700 miles. Really love the interior on this thing. Bought it used with 60k, and going by the carfax it doesn't LOOK like there were any problems. I recently took the truck in for the harsh downshifts and dealer said it was the throttle body and they replaced it. The problems is still there and there's a clunk/jolt when going from 2nd to 3rd gear. Just had the transmission fluid changed also. Other than the transmission it's a great truck!

Just went over 50,000 last week on my 2014 Sierra Z71 4x4 SLE 5.3L 3.42 Double Cab. In service on September 2013, 44 months. Went through all the recalls, tsb's, headlight upgrade (if you can call it that).

The POS Vosla headlights burn out every year in March, so far. Installed in March 2015, burned out in March 2016, and again in March of 2017.

Right now, the door lock actuator is bad on the rear passenger door. Sticks in the locked or unlocked position, and the dealer wants $100 just to look at it. I'm betting on this being another recall at some point. It could be a serious safety issue if you had small children riding in the back, and the door did not lock, or stay locked with the child lock function. They could open the door while the vehicle is moving down the road. Since it doesn't lock when putting the vehicle in gear, or with the key fob, or door lock controls on the front doors. You have to manually lock it or unlock it.

They have had recalls on previous year vehicles as late as 2014 for the door lock actuators. I don't think they have a long term fix, at least on the 2014 model year vehicles that were produced in 2013. Now it is starting to show up on these vehicles.

Other than that, and a few interior rattles, the truck mechanically has been fine. Knock on wood! Still have the original 265 65 18 W.O.L. Good Year Wrangler tires, and they have plenty of tread left. No shake or shimmy, ever.

Overall, it's been a great truck. I'm going to stick with it, at least for now.

Edited by Ventilator

I have 20k on my 2015. So far had the gas pedal replaced, radio module replaced, and now my seat is moving around. All in all I'm very satisfied with the quality of my truck. It is a world apart from the junk lemon Ford I had. My commute went from a 3 mile round trip to a 64 mile round trip and this thing doesn't get great mileage. Gas mileage will play a big factor in the next vehicle I choose. I'm not sure what my next vehicle will be, but I'll be looking at GM for sure!

Edited by dave07

National back order, do you know what that means? NATIONAL BACK ORDER!! You know what, I don't either but I have an educated guess. They're nationally out of stock. Why, I'm glad you asked. Maybe because a majority of the vehicles this particular condenser was installed in failed. So does mileage REALLY matter? I took my truck in for a seatbelt recall, it was free. I guess I should've paid right, because I brought a truck that had 111k right? lol The only reason the condensers aren't recalled is because it isn't a safety issue. Its a bad design just like those numerous recalls that were repaired free of charge. Point made.

Maybe you should just, "keep on subject"? You think, I don't think you do.

Sorry I hurt your feelings. Maybe high mileage used trucks just aren't for you?

• Like 1

Just passed 40K on my 14 dbl cab, 5.3L, tow pkg. Had a battery go wonky at about 30K miles causing all sorts of codes & shutting things down. Battery was replaced under warranty. No other issues except for the few recalls so many others have, but at least these issues aren't swept under the rug. I tow so I just added a B&M 14400 BTU Supercooler trans cooler as well as dropped the trans pan to change the fluid.

I know some people don't ever change it, and if it smells good and looks good I guess that's good enough for them. Mine was brown and wasn't burnt but didn't exactly smell like trans fluid should. I tow a lot with this truck so I definitely have to keep up with the fluids.

On a side note, I'm surprised he has 250k on that trans, even if he doesn't tow. Most I've seen on one is 200k, and they're usually dead before then too

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Had a 01 suburban with over 300k, only thibg i had changed was 2 injectors and 3 fuel.pumps. trans fluid was stock.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Just passed 40K on my 14 dbl cab, 5.3L, tow pkg. Had a battery go wonky at about 30K miles causing all sorts of codes & shutting things down. Battery was replaced under warranty. No other issues except for the few recalls so many others have, but at least these issues aren't swept under the rug. I tow so I just added a B&M 14400 BTU Supercooler trans cooler as well as dropped the trans pan to change the fluid.

intrested in how you added the trans cooler? did you follow a thread on here or just engineer it yourself? i really want to add one. and how hard was the pan to drop and change the fluid? did you change the filter as well?

intrested in how you added the trans cooler? did you follow a thread on here or just engineer it yourself? i really want to add one. and how hard was the pan to drop and change the fluid? did you change the filter as well?

Some people have luck with never changing fluid, but most do not. Filters clog and fluid wears out. For as easy and cheap as it is to change fluid in these things (they have a dipstick and therefore a fill tube), there's really no reason not to.

Many guys also claim that if the unit is still working, there is not problem...black or white with no grey. From experience, there is a definite improvement in operation and lower temperatures with new, fresh fluid. As the old saying goes, GMs run poorly longer than many others run at all.

Some people have luck with never changing fluid, but most do not. Filters clog and fluid wears out. For as easy and cheap as it is to change fluid in these things (they have a dipstick and therefore a fill tube), there's really no reason not to.

Many guys also claim that if the unit is still working, there is not problem...black or white with no grey. From experience, there is a definite improvement in operation and lower temperatures with new, fresh fluid. As the old saying goes, GMs run poorly longer than many others run at all.

yea well im not one of those guys who run it till it breaks, would like to do a filter service on the truck like i did my old 2500, but while im there i like the idea of a bigger cooler on my 6 speed