How many miles are on your 2014+

145000 on the 2014 LT Ext Cab.  Been good other then needing transmission replaced about year and a half ago.

Normal maintenance otherwise.

20231002_181726.jpg

Edited by Knighti2
  • Like 2

Almost 90K miles. Just had it in for an oil service, brake service (rears needed it, fronts were good) and another transmission flush.

IMG_1266.jpg

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

101000, still with the OE transmission.  Right rear brake pads wore out on a trip recently.  They were original to the truck, so not a surprise.  But the driver side rear pads looked like they had 1/4" left.  Something going on there.  The floating caliper bolts were smooth and lubricated.  I just put new pads and rotors on it ... oh, and a left rear axle seal.  Getting the C-clip out of the axle was a bit of a battle.  But I won.  I noticed quite a bit of leaning in the turns up in the northern California wine country roads.  I found that the right front swaybar strut was missing altogether.  I have new AC Delco replacements.  Just getting over the soreness from crawling under the truck for the rear brakes and axle seal.  Maybe in a day or two, I'll get to it. 20231027_160005.thumb.jpg.d6d5f71c0a845e95610ee64142a63db2.jpg

Edited by Spurshot
  • Like 2

I have almost 90k on my 2016 and has been pretty reliable as far as I'm concerned. Still no major engine work (no collapsed lifters, etc) and still have original 6L80 trans and converter. I have been running the Range AFM disabler for most of its life.  I'm on 3rd set of front brake pads and second set on rear are getting close for replacement.

As far as repairs, I had leaky shark fin antenna about 2 years after buying, third brake light leak maybe 6 or 7 months after that. Both have been leak free since.

I did have a crack in front right axle housing back in Apr 2021 at 53,400 miles repaired under warranty. No idea how it happened and dealer didn't know either but the fix didn't cost me anything so... I replaced front and rear struts/shocks last year. I had an injector go bad about 2 years ago that also got replaced under extended warranty. I replaced thermostat about early this past winter with aftermarket that failed within a couple months and installed an OEM replacement. I had a leaky upper oil pan gasket and leaky trans cooling hose earlier this year that was discovered during the oil change inspection at dealership. The costs were going to be over $3000 IIRC and still not sure if they thought they were going to be making some money off me and thought they had a sucker. After they told me about problem, I mentioned about my GM service plan and at first they didn't think it would cover it. They contacted the Plan and was told it would be covered. But they couldn't get to it right away and told me to bring it back the following week which I did. When I went to pick it up, they were going to charge me for the new oil filter as it wasn't covered but that the oil was covered. I argued a bit saying that they had just changed the oil and filter the week before and that they discovered the leaky gasket. And if they knew I was going to go ahead with repairs when they discovered and informed me about the leaky gasket, why did they change out the oil in first place and charge me for the full cost of the original oil change. The cost of the oil filter wasn't much and I could have paid it but felt like they were screwing me over. They comped me the oil filter...

But so far, nothing that I would call major problems. And my GM plan is still good for just over another 1-1/2 years (Apr 2025) and goes to 125k miles so I'm still in good shape. 

• Like 2

On 10/30/2023 at 10:14 AM, mikeyk101 said:

I have almost 90k on my 2016 and has been pretty reliable as far as I'm concerned. Still no major engine work (no collapsed lifters, etc) and still have original 6L80 trans and converter. I have been running the Range AFM disabler for most of its life.  I'm on 3rd set of front brake pads and second set on rear are getting close for replacement.

As far as repairs, I had leaky shark fin antenna about 2 years after buying, third brake light leak maybe 6 or 7 months after that. Both have been leak free since.

I did have a crack in front right axle housing back in Apr 2021 at 53,400 miles repaired under warranty. No idea how it happened and dealer didn't know either but the fix didn't cost me anything so... I replaced front and rear struts/shocks last year. I had an injector go bad about 2 years ago that also got replaced under extended warranty. I replaced thermostat about early this past winter with aftermarket that failed within a couple months and installed an OEM replacement. I had a leaky upper oil pan gasket and leaky trans cooling hose earlier this year that was discovered during the oil change inspection at dealership. The costs were going to be over $3000 IIRC and still not sure if they thought they were going to be making some money off me and thought they had a sucker. After they told me about problem, I mentioned about my GM service plan and at first they didn't think it would cover it. They contacted the Plan and was told it would be covered. But they couldn't get to it right away and told me to bring it back the following week which I did. When I went to pick it up, they were going to charge me for the new oil filter as it wasn't covered but that the oil was covered. I argued a bit saying that they had just changed the oil and filter the week before and that they discovered the leaky gasket. And if they knew I was going to go ahead with repairs when they discovered and informed me about the leaky gasket, why did they change out the oil in first place and charge me for the full cost of the original oil change. The cost of the oil filter wasn't much and I could have paid it but felt like they were screwing me over. They comped me the oil filter...

But so far, nothing that I would call major problems. And my GM plan is still good for just over another 1-1/2 years (Apr 2025) and goes to 125k miles so I'm still in good shape. 

Did you get the brake vacuum pump recall done?  I was having the issue sporadically, where the pedal pressure needed to stop was off the charts.  Scary as hell.  A dealer reprogrammed the electronic brake control module per the recall and I haven't had the issue since.  I think I'm going to go ahead with replacing the vacuum pump as well.  They also came out with a new vacuum pump with some enhancements.   I need to clean up the front of the engine and find the source of a small oil leak.  It's either the front crank seal or the small cam VVT actuator seal (3 screws and a O-ring). 

2 hours ago, Spurshot said:

Did you get the brake vacuum pump recall done?  I was having the issue sporadically, where the pedal pressure needed to stop was off the charts.  Scary as hell.  A dealer reprogrammed the electronic brake control module per the recall and I haven't had the issue since.  I think I'm going to go ahead with replacing the vacuum pump as well.  They also came out with a new vacuum pump with some enhancements.   I need to clean up the front of the engine and find the source of a small oil leak.  It's either the front crank seal or the small cam VVT actuator seal (3 screws and a O-ring). 

Actually yes and I forgot to mention that. I had the problem and initially and had 2 extremely close calls. They did the software update first. I had the problem again a couple times and they went ahead and replaced the vacuum pump and it's been fine ever since. 

The software update was done in Oct 2019 at 39k miles. The vacuum pump replacement was done in Dec 2020 at 51k miles.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

At 120k on my 14 sierra 5.3 crew cab. Only issue I have ran into is I think my coolant sensor is going out, just needs to be replaced. I also remember hearing a lifter tap but I think I'm going to disable the AFM system and tune it. Currently on my second set of Toyo RTs at 50k on them and just got scratches fixed and windshield replaced for the second time lol. 

I still love the truck. However having been in my dad's 23 6.6 duramax while mine is at home and my brother having the 3.0 diesel AT4. I can tell you for certain I'm going 3.0 duramax in my next truck and likely will just get the AT4x or ZR2 with the 3.0 and run the hell out of it. All that said I feel like I'm set to go another 80k on this truck. 

• Like 2

On 10/4/2023 at 7:13 PM, Knighti2 said:

145000 on the 2014 LT Ext Cab.  Been good other then needing transmission replaced about year and a half ago.

Normal maintenance otherwise.

20231002_181726.jpg

What did that run you?

On 10/8/2023 at 1:48 PM, JimCost2014 said:

62070 trouble free miles, just normal maintenance and service items. Best GM product I have ever owned.

I had the opportunity back in May to purchase down in Arkansas, a Centennial Edition with only 650 miles on it!!  Some very old businessman bought it brand new and was going to keep it for his son. They got into an argument, split the company and he sold it back. It had a hard matching color fiberglass tonneau cover. I wanted the 6.2L and it had the 5.3L.  Really love that truck color and interior door trim/instrument color combination. Really sharp looking truck! Glad yours has treated you well..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/21/2023 at 10:13 PM, JimCost2014 said:

Just the same as a normal LTZ Z71, nothing special that I know of. But I do appreciate the compliment😁

I love it more than the door trim of the Denali. I'm not a fan of the wood grain trim. 

• Like 1

Just turned 90K.
No issues other than regular maintenance though I did get the transmission fix done at the dealer. Also, new rear brake disks and pads - dealer said the fronts are still good. But, then, I guess that's part of regular maintenance with oil changes, transmission fluid service, etc.
Oh, yeah, new battery, upgraded alternator (250A Mechman), Bilstein 5100s all around, etc, etc.
Still, at 90K without a major failure, so far. :)

IMG_1355.jpg

Edited by MikeBMW
  • Like 1