How many miles are on your 2014+

my 2014  sierra  only has 57366  kn  (  just under 36000 miles)  i'm retired so i don't drive it much  it basically  sits in the driveway  gets to the grocery store once a week and household errands .  have to replace upper & lower control arms  and ball joints    the aluminum ones  anyone  know if there was ever a recall on these ?  Yeah i know the truck is 9 years old  but the parts should last more than 36000 miles. Please let me know   being retired i really can't afford the $3,500 it's going to cost to repair it 

18 hours ago, isolater said:

my 2014  sierra  only has 57366  kn  (  just under 36000 miles)  i'm retired so i don't drive it much  it basically  sits in the driveway  gets to the grocery store once a week and household errands .  have to replace upper & lower control arms  and ball joints    the aluminum ones  anyone  know if there was ever a recall on these ?  Yeah i know the truck is 9 years old  but the parts should last more than 36000 miles. Please let me know   being retired i really can't afford the $3,500 it's going to cost to repair it 

A year ago when leveling my truck I noticed my front UCABs looked like they’ve been resting with the Andrea Gail, so I bought a set of loaded UCAs (with bushings and ball joints installed) from AZ for $350, which is an entire order of magnitude less than your quoted price. You could get a new transmission for that number. 

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, bullet225ho said:

I  just turned 298,000 last week.  No major repairs at this point.  Did have to add a battery.

Miles or kilometers?  I mean either way that's impressive, one just more impressive than the other. 😉

And please elaborate on "no major repairs," as "major" is subjective.

Any failures, and if so at what mileage, of common things like HPFP, wheel bearings, injectors, water pump, etc?  Steering rack?  Vacuum pump?  I interpret "major" to be cam/lifter related problems.

• Like 1

Now 164,000 miles, 264,000 kilometers.

Same Non-routine Repair List

On 5/30/2022 at 11:08 PM, Grumpy Bear said:

155,000 Miles

post-161433-0-67497100-1490028302_thumb.jpg        IMG_0219.thumb.JPG.cdd4c7814059baebb481192c18f43798.JPG

Pinion seal and that plastic piece goes around the starter sealing off the bellhousing. It warped and drug on the ring gear making a nasty noise. That is the entire nonroutine maintenance

Normal wear and tear items replaced:

2 sets of wiper blades

1 set of tires at 125,000 miles

Paint chip repairs. A dozen or so.

Various filters. Cabin, inlet, oil, transmission. 

Non-normal damage repairs: 

Turn signal stalk. Dog bit it off. Rubber on one radio dial. Same dog, same incident. Oh, he's touched nothing since. 

Paint repair on the box where an RV scraped it. I'd have to point to it for you to find it. 

Small dent in the front bumper. I ain't telling and not yet repaired. Maybe this spring. 

Mechanical Modifications:

King, Deaver, Sulastic springs/dampers/hardware and hangers and custom alignment to my specs. 

Riesche Racing 170F thermostat in an IPSCO.org housing.

GM low temp transmission TBV.

PML 8-quart trans pan.

Valvomax oil pan drain valve. 

Red Line HP or AMSOIL fluids stem to stern. Purolator and/or FRAM Ultra filters. 

Non-mechanical modifications: 

3M Solar Window Tint

3M clear film. Nose of hood and front fenders. Door edges and sills.

Cerakote ceramic coatings on plastic and exterior rubber. 

Weathertech slip in window drip rails.  

DEE ZEE Gate damper

Box stake plugs matching poly. 

Line-X box and rear wheel wells. GM hard rubber bed mat (came with the truck)

Weathertech no drill Mud flaps and various extra GM box corner chip guards. 

Rhino step rails on custom lowered mounts

Lund soft bed cover. 

Slip on rubberize mechanics seat covers. All other cloth is covered with towels ALWAYS.

Carpet squares for the OEM rubber floor covering. 

Edited by Grumpy Bear
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

Now 175,000 Miles

Miles are coming slower but still at or above the national average. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7da514d60504ddf25f5a2daa4d809fb3.jpeg

Lots of road work in our area this year and rock chips have become hard to stay ahead of. Doctor Color Chip is waiting in the wings.  Caught a rock in the upper passenger side head lamp and cracked the lens that needs to be replaced and I put a ding in the front bumper that needs attention. Under hood, interior and under body are looking great yet. Mechanically it's a rock. No non-routine work...yet. Just normal maintenance. She cleans up well for an old girl. 

• Like 2

I currently have 41,712 miles on my 2018 Denali as of yesterday. I am really enjoying this body style. If it had the 10 speed it would be one of the best trucks GM has produced since the 98 C/K truck I also am driving. It has 245,638 on it as of today driving to work. Original engine and transmission.  

• Like 1

On 9/4/2023 at 6:19 AM, Grumpy Bear said:

Now 175,000 Miles

Miles are coming slower but still at or above the national average. 

image.thumb.jpeg.7da514d60504ddf25f5a2daa4d809fb3.jpeg

Lots of road work in our area this year and rock chips have become hard to stay ahead of. Doctor Color Chip is waiting in the wings.  Caught a rock in the upper passenger side head lamp and cracked the lens that needs to be replaced and I put a ding in the front bumper that needs attention. Under hood, interior and under body are looking great yet. Mechanically it's a rock. No non-routine work...yet. Just normal maintenance. She cleans up well for an old girl. 

Wait..... 175,000 miles without Amsoil or a catch can? Impossible!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

67,000 miles on my '14. One big issue was an HVAC servo behind the dash stopped working and had to be replaced. Also the driver lumbar stopped working. never used it anyway, always felt like someone jamming a knee in my back.

Edited by beetle
  • Like 2

2014 Just a touch over 122k miles. I've had the condenser replaced under warranty and the radiator under warranty by dealer.

I change the engine oil and filter every 5k miles. I pull a gallon of transmission fluid out the dipstick every 15k miles and put a new gallon in. Ic hanged the trans filter at around 60k. It's time to do that again. I changed the diff fluid once. I put new pads and rotots all around. New bilstien shocks. New upper control arms(I thought the bushings were worn out, wrong) It's had a couple of alignments and new tires.

I'd love a new ZR2 but, my truck only costs gas and insurance at this point.

• Like 4