Sometimes my truck says it will call, but then just turns the music back on. Deleting the phone and resyncing it usually does the trick. I don't use the voice command prompts though, I activate Google assistant through the truck instead by holding down the voice prompt button. I have a Samsung Note 5. I think the issue is with the phone

• 1 month later...

I thought I had it figured out. What kind of phone are you using? I am using an Samsung 7. As a last resort, you should back up all your contacts and add one at a time. to see if it is a special character you put in on accident. That is the only think I can think of.

Samsung Note 4.

• 2 months later...

Just wondering if anyone found a resolution to this issue?

I am also experiencing the same issue with my personal phone (S6) and my work phone (iPhone 5).  It was not always like this and I have lest than 100 contacts on each phone.

I have also noticed that my USB stick which is loaded with music files can no longer be accessed by voice.  Something has changed and I can't figure it out.

Since I posted this I found a fix from another web site ... I tried it and it worked.

What needs to be done to fix the issue it to go into settings, change the language to Spanish (not sure if other languages will work) then shut down the car for 5 minutes. Go back into the system and change the language back to English and the voice commands will work fine.

Edited by BigDigger
found solution

• 10 months later...
1 hour ago, radiogavin said:

Is your Onstar light green?  I had a similar problem, and after banging my head against the interwebs for awhile, I realized that my Onstar was dark.  I unplugged the fuse corresponding to Onstar and plugged it back in, and now everything works! 

I will have to try this. My truck started doing this too! I have a Note 9 and it wasn't always like this. 

THIS IS THE SOLUTION I FOUND TO FIX MY ISSUE

I tried deleting the contacts from my phone and reimporting them: DID NOT WORK

I tried unpairing and repairing my BT: DID NOT WORK

Went into settings (in the truck radio) and drilled down until I could reset favorites.  This involved me selecting the reset button, power the truck off, open and keep the door closed for a minute (THE TRUCK TELLS YOU TO DO THIS ON THE SCREEN), power back on, then repaired my BT connection and SUCCESS!  It works again.

• 4 weeks later...

What needs to be done to fix the issue it to go into settings, change the language to Spanish (not sure if other languages will work) then shut down the car for 5 minutes. Go back into the system and change the language back to English and the voice commands will work fine.

I can verify this is a solution that worked for me today. Thanks for the advice.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:55 AM, BigDigger said:

Since I posted this I found a fix from another web site ... I tried it and it worked.

This works!!!  2016 Sierra and it worked fine until 60 days ago.  Spent 3 days at the dealer,  hundreds on  dealer GMC software upgrades, left phone for a day and ultimately they told me it works fine I just don't know how to use it.  Infuriating.  20 minutes on an internet search and a

five minute fix. The language change probably resets something else to correct whatever the problem is, but this is a fast easy fix and it works.  Thank you Thank you Thank you BigDigger

• 5 months later...

Had the same problem!! Worked for years, then it stopped, just like others posted. Ughhh.,  Tried every suggestion on here...nothing worked. I then went to SETTINGS on my CELL. Clicked on "download my contacts" TO my cell FROM the SIM card. After that I HAD TO DISCONNECT my BT on my cell, and then reconnected it..hit SCAN. IT WORKED!!  It was my CELL, not the vehicle!!

Edited by Deb Bee
hit send by mistake

Had the same problem!! Worked for years, then it stopped, just like others posted. Ughhh.,  Tried every suggestion on here...nothing worked. I then went to SETTINGS on my CELL. Clicked on "download my contacts" TO my cell FROM the SIM card. After that I HAD TO DISCONNECT my BT on my cell, and then reconnected it..hit SCAN. IT WORKED!!  It was my CELL, not the vehicle!!

• 1 month later...

This thread is a bit old but I thought I'd add a solution that worked for me to maybe help others experiencing this frustrating issue.  I have a 2017 Chevy Cruze with MyLink. Like others in this post, my voice recognition just stopped working one day. I wanted to reaffirm that ScottC's reply was the solution that worked for me. I changed the MyLink language from English to Spanish and then back. And that was it, solved immediately.  Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...