14 Compared To A 17

My wife has a 2014 Chevy 1500 CC 5.3L and we are looking at getting her a 2017 since I can make a good deal on one right now. Has there been any improvements to the 2017 models since 2014? Mainly have the AC issues been fixed? Do the new ones still have the erratic shifting like her 2014 does? Her 2014 has been a good truck other than some recalls and her complaining about the way it shifts. Any help would be appreciated.

They just issues a recall for the power steering on the 14's too. I don't feel like the transmission shift erratic at all on the 17 and being that its summer in Las Vegas I use my A/C all the time with no issues. Other than that, I believe that any other changes (other than cosmetic obviously) are minor items like Carplay/ Android Auto for example. I personally like the 14 front end better than my 17, but I like the fact that the 17 has projectors and some odd looking fog lights that are surprisingly bright.

I find my 17 to be a better driving truck then my 14. I had a bunch of recalls on the 14 and none so far in the 17. I just passed 10k kms and the truck shifts well and works good to me.

Stock headlamps are now HID or optional LED on LTZ models. (Don't know if LED standard on High Country) 8 speed transmission is available on higher trim levels. Z71 models have color matched bumpers and grille which I personally like.

Thanks for all the info. It appears after some looking around here this morning that the AC systems may still have some issues and before we would pick the new one up I would make sure all the recalls have been done.

I was not in the market to replace my 14, but because of failures and help from GM I was able to get into my 16. I personally think it is a much better truck. I f the numbers work, I would recommend getting the 17, seems like most are very happy with them so far.

We pick up her new 17 next week after some accessories are installed at a local custom shop. With all the discounts on the remaining 17's and making good money from her 14 it was kind of a no brainier. We bought my 17 3500 DRW from the same dealer a month ago and we are dealing with one of the owners and it was a painless deal. I guess the AC system is still an issue from what I have seen posted here but for $1600 we bought a 6yr/125k GM Platinum extended warranty so hopefully we are covered . I will try and report back what she thinks of it compared to the 14 after she has driven it a couple of weeks. Thanks again for the help.

Archived