Mildew smell

Did you shut her down without blowing/drying the vents out from running the AC???

Probably, I can't remember. I just cleaned the crap out of it and didn't find anything. Going to put a new filter in tomorrow

Probably, I can't remember. I just cleaned the crap out of it and didn't find anything. Going to put a new filter in tomorrow

It's likely just the musty/mildewy smell from the the condensation left in the system. 5 minutes before I shut the truck down, I shut off the AC and turn the fan on high to dry it all out.

It's likely just the musty/mildewy smell from the the condensation left in the system. 5 minutes before I shut the truck down, I shut off the AC and turn the fan on high to dry it all out.

That's what I normally do, figures the one time I forget lol. I'm also going to get that a.c. condenser spray too. Man it's bugging the h#lo out of me lol

In tapatalk I can't see your profile or signature, so I have no idea what exact truck you have. I could assume that it is current body style, but don't know which revision. When I exit my 17 2500hd, the HVAC fan is still blowing. I assume that it is programmed that way to alleviate any mildew problems. The 07 AVY I still drive has no cabin filter, and no retained blower feature, yet no musty smell in 205k miles. I wonder if it is parking condition dependant?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In tapatalk I can't see your profile or signature, so I have no idea what exact truck you have. I could assume that it is current body style, but don't know which revision. When I exit my 17 2500hd, the HVAC fan is still blowing. I assume that it is programmed that way to alleviate any mildew problems. The 07 AVY I still drive has no cabin filter, and no retained blower feature, yet no musty smell in 205k miles. I wonder if it is parking condition dependant?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It's a 2015. It has to be parking, I hit it with fabreez yesterday didn't smell to bad today

I'd get an odd smell occasionally when I first turn it on, took it in for scheduled maintenance/recalls a couple days ago, had a nice mouse nest buried back inside the vents/cabin filter. Maybe something crawled in there while you were parked.

I'd get an odd smell occasionally when I first turn it on, took it in for scheduled maintenance/recalls a couple days ago, had a nice mouse nest buried back inside the vents/cabin filter. Maybe something crawled in there while you were parked.

Sh!t man thanks lol....you just kicked my ocd in overdrive

Mine does this too (2017 with 2200 miles) but its very faint and only on initial start up. My wifes Lexus get's a really bad smell from the A/C system that I have to clean a few times a year, but I've found that changing the settings really made a difference.

Archived