CNA Extended Warranty from GM Dealer?

reardiff

Just purchased a new 2017 Sierra and opted for the extended warranty. I had assumed I was getting a GPP warranty but as I am going through the paperwork it appears they sold me a CNA National extended warranty? Never heard of this, what's the deal here? Should I cancel and shop around for GMPP? The contract says I can cancel and get a full refund with in 60 days.

For what it's worth I got the Automotive Preferred Care+ plan (highest one) with zero deductible and paid $4,447 for 10 year 120,000 miles. The Monday morning quarterback in me is thinking I may have been a little to exited when at the finance desk :idiot:

I Just got A quote for gmepp on gmoutlet.com. So either 90k/or 4 year for 1800$. My trucks at

30k and still hve another year left as Of October for Original 3 year.

It's gm's new plan. It looked To good to me. However Ive Never heard of cna maybe call the dealer

In PA gmoutlet.com and compare

Pocket the $4,447 dollars. That is a lot of money to spend on a warranty that insurance will tell you "that's not covered do to a technicality".

Question is, ...have you spent that amount of money on any of your bought new vehicles??? Did you keep the vehicles beyond 5 years???

Just maintain your vehicle to the "T". Drive sanely.

It is a policy in car dealers to keep the warranty costs down so the dealer can get a performance bonus for denying claims under any warranty program.

They are playing the odds you will not have the truck in 5 years or 60,000 miles. 2/3rd's of Americans don't keep any vehicle beyond 5 years.

Holy crap! $4400 Plus interest if you rolled that into a loan. You will never spend that much on repairs. Get your money back. Buy a cheaper policy if you think you need one.

Pocket the $4,447 dollars. That is a lot of money to spend on a warranty that insurance will tell you "that's not covered do to a technicality".

Question is, ...have you spent that amount of money on any of your bought new vehicles??? Did you keep the vehicles beyond 5 years???

Just maintain your vehicle to the "T". Drive sanely.

It is a policy in car dealers to keep the warranty costs down so the dealer can get a performance bonus for denying claims under any warranty program.

They are playing the odds you will not have the truck in 5 years or 60,000 miles. 2/3rd's of Americans don't keep any vehicle beyond 5 years.

Firstly, if something is covered under warranty through GM, a dealer can't deny a claim. Also. CNA isn't dealer regulated, it's an outside company l, which again, the dealer can't deny claims, it's the warranty company. CNA mirrors GM's bumper to bumper pretty much. Educate me on this performance bonus, worked in dealers and with warranty companies for years and never heard of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The insurance company (any insurance company) can deny anything they want for any technical reason they can make up.

I "had" one of those "high end" repair insurance policies on my brand new 2010 HHR after the basic warranty was up, I was denied because I did not follow the recommended maintenance program (by the time standards, not mileage standards). Then once I busted that belief, they came back a second time stated that my aftermarket wheels / tires were the denial of the claim. Problem was they were "Chevrolet accessory wheels" and approved correct size / tire specification installed tires for my steering pull drag /castor error issue that was present.

Problem was, ....this vehicle has been garage kept for the last 7 years, has 3,300 miles (as of this date) and only driven a few miles during the summer (never on any dirt roads). Still looks like the day it was bought, never driven in the rain. ....and I'm gonna get played for their flimsy excuses???

The object for insurance companies is to MAKE MONEY by not covering claims. Granted some claims get covered, but the insurance companies "dictate" what parts "will" be covered, ...and what parts "will not" be covered.

Their #1 denial response, ..."it's the normal wear and tear on the part, ...and it's worn out, not defective or broken".

2nd best is, ..."you have aftermarket parts that affect the operation of the vehicle"

3rd best is, ....if they find a trailer hitch that has been used, "the load your were pulling was beyond the towing capacity of the vehicle and because you don't have a oil / trans cooler, it's considered abuse".

The litany of excuses is extensive.

For every extended insurance policy written within the dealer, the "dealer owner" gets a monetary bonus (seen those performance checks come) if they can reduce or eliminate the insurance covered cost per vehicle.

How often does the customer talk directly to the actual insurance company??? Majority of the time it goes through the service writers, they in turn contact the insurance company with needed repairs. The person at the insurance company is "professionally trained" to find any factor in denying the claim. When things get critical, they send a person out to find an excuse to deny the claim.

At times, I've seen insurance companies authorize a teardown for inspection of an engine / trans / diff, then deny the repair claim for some chicken chit excuse, the dealer is now forced to convert it over to a "customer pay" (CP) repair once the engine / trans / diff is completely apart. I was one of those techs to see this bull chit in real time. Saw it for 36 years in 5 Detroit area dealers. It's common practice.

They tried that chit with me on my HHR and other vehicles. It's a professional bull chit session on who knows more about the cars workings.

As a former Chevrolet / Cadillac Salesman, all I will say is ooouuuuchhhh. But if you're happy with the peace of mind then that's all that matters. FYI, the dealer paid about 1/5 - 1/4 for that insurance you just shelled out $4k for. But hey, it cost GM about $12K to make these trucks that we shell out $40K for soo........

Archived