Lifting 2004 1500 LS RWD EXT CAB

Hello all,

Really hoping to find some help with this. I recently was gifted an '04 1500 LS RWD EXT Cab with 107k on the clock. It is INSANELY low. Blows my mind how low it is. It looks more like an El Camino. I need to lift it.

So, do I lift the suspension and body, or just the suspension, or just the body? I won't be taking this thing off road, so I assume a Rough Country kit should be fine, right? Do I need a leveling kit as well?

What would you guys do in my shoes? I'd like it to sit a littler higher than a standard truck.

post-173449-0-70736900-1506358570_thumb.jpg

I would put a two inch body with a four inch suspension.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the input! Do you know if I need to level it as well? Or will the kits take care of that?

It depends on how high you want it. Rough country has a 2", 4.5", and 6" kits for your truck. 2" is a levelin kit, 4.5" is a 3" spindle lift and 1.5" levelin kit, and the 6" is a full bracket 6" lift.

With how low it sits now, it could probably use 6" of lift. Do you know if it is best to go with a 6" suspension lift, or do a 2" body lift with a 4.5" suspension lift?

With how low it sits now, it could probably use 6" of lift. Do you know if it is best to go with a 6" suspension lift, or do a 2" body lift with a 4.5" suspension lift?

If it were me, I'd do the 6" with a 1.5" zone body lift. I have the body lift on my 01 and love it.

Man, you got gifted a nice looking truck. My '03 is rusted as hell up here in PA.

I guess you're probably young and don't have endless money that you should spend on making a 2WD truck look like a 4wd truck. Another thought is that I love the pro-street look as well as the 4x4 look. IF you lift it a decent amount, you'll need rims and tires also to finish the look. Instead of body and suspension lift kits + wheels and tires, you could embrace the pro-street look and just get wheels and tires. Like 1" wider rims and tires up front, and some meaty rims and tires in the back, and save all the money of lifting. Looks like you already have a cool stance for the pro-street look.

Anyway, whatever you decide, that's a great looking truck and I'm sure you'll have good times in it!

Man, you got gifted a nice looking truck. My '03 is rusted as hell up here in PA.

I guess you're probably young and don't have endless money that you should spend on making a 2WD truck look like a 4wd truck. Another thought is that I love the pro-street look as well as the 4x4 look. IF you lift it a decent amount, you'll need rims and tires also to finish the look. Instead of body and suspension lift kits + wheels and tires, you could embrace the pro-street look and just get wheels and tires. Like 1" wider rims and tires up front, and some meaty rims and tires in the back, and save all the money of lifting. Looks like you already have a cool stance for the pro-street look.

Anyway, whatever you decide, that's a great looking truck and I'm sure you'll have good times in it!

Thanks for the reply! Im not young, and I have a decent amount of money to spend on making the truck appeal to my liking. Ive thought about the street SS look, but Id need to change the bumpers and remove the trim on the doors. Also, I live in Houston and would like to be able to take it through flood waters. So Ive decided to lift it.

What Ive read is that a suspension lift look great, but will leave its center of gravity high. With a slight body lift encorporated into the lift, it may lessen that. Just thinking everything through before I pull the trigger.

Archived