Falken Wildpeak AT3

I don't like how my truck being a Z71 GMs Off-Road package comes with All-Season tires. I ended up upgrading to Falken Wildpeak AT3 tires stock size 265/65R18. I like the tires so far. Ride quality is still good, good in mud, good in sand, good in the rain, and now just waiting for the snow to fall to see how they do in that. They look a lot better than the stock tires as well. Just wondering if anyone else is using these tires and see if there has been any issues so far.

IMG_20170927_185852_372.jpg

Edited by Gorske

• 3 weeks later...

Bummer, no replies.

I am also considering this tire, and was curious what you think of it?

I am going to go with the 275/70R18 though, because that makes the tire dimensions 33.4" tall by 11" wide. 

Pretty cool website I found, you can input different tire sizes and play with the numbers and it will show you how it looks compared to stock size-wise, and what the exact dimensions are. It even tells you how many revolutions per mile and speedometer offset numbers! I stumbled across it while searching for wheels & tires, but after finding it I am just going to keep my stock wheels and upgrade the rubber when my tires wear out.

Here is the website if you're interested: https://tiresize.com/tires/Falken/Wildpeak-AT3W-275-70R18.htm

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.53.41 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 5.53.16 PM.png

My brother has these on his F-150. They've done well in the snow and mild off road stuff (he's on the fire department in town) but they seem to have worn fast. I don't know exactly how much he has driven but the amount of wear seems excessive to me. It has worn evenly at least.

Edited by MikeNH

46 minutes ago, MHPrior80 said:

I love my falken wild peaks! A very aggressive tire yet extremely quiet on the road! I’m running 305/55/20fa901a6b194172f093cc3108bb0e8063.jpg12eb2ff2cca0d5bbb243d605d196f1e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2" Level kit?  Any rubbing or spacers required to fit? 

• 2 weeks later...

I put these tires on my Sierra a little over a month ago. I went with P275/60R20 which is one size taller then stock (33" vs 32"). Got a pretty good deal on them from Discount Tire Direct ($130/tire after rebates). I have put about 3,000 miles on them so far. They have been good on the highway and are pretty quiet for an AT tire. Haven't really got any snow yet so I haven't had a chance to test them on slippery roads. When I was researching these tires, I really couldn't find any negative comments. If they wear well I would definitely buy again.

angle_front.jpg

front.jpg

side.jpg

tire_1.jpg

tire_2.jpg

tire_3.jpg

tire_4.jpg

tire_5.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sounds like these could be a good option.  Curious to see how they wear for you guys.
They seem to be a big seller at my local tire store...saw five pickups come in, and four left with the Falkens. My truck was the only one that left with Coopers. They run about 3/4 the cost of other tires.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, MHPrior80 said:

2.5 in level, only rub at full lock.  No spacers needed

Nice!  I'm considering a 2.5 in. level kit as well & fitting either 305/55r20 or 276/60r20.  Nearly the same height, but the 305's are 1.5" wider than the 275's.  Don't mind adding spacers if that'll help avoid rubbing. 

Edited by steve76t

I have just under 5000 miles on mine.   The Duratec's are MUCH better.   But, for the price they are decent.   Have yet to try them in snow.   I notice they have more rolling resistance than the GYDT's as well.   Loss a little MPG.  About 1.   Rain is 8/10 with the GYDTs being 10/10.  they do run quiet as do the GYDTs.   I got 76K miles out of the GYDTs (traded truck for new one and the new one came with the Falks).   Based on how they do in the snow and the wear life will tell if I go back to the GYDTs.   Again, these are about $50-$70 cheaper per tire though.