I have a '15 Sierra SLE Doublecab non bose and no nav. I'm going to use factory wiring for this setup as long as people seem to think it's acceptable.

I listen to mostly country/rock/metal and some older rap stuff.

Here is the hardware I have planned but not finalized if anyone has any suggestions.

Amp: Pioneer GM-D9605 (75X4 @4 ohm + 1x350 @4 ohm(600 @2 ohm))

Front Door:  Rockford Fosgate Punch P1692 6x9 Coaxial

Dash Speakers: Stock

Rear Door: Rockford Fosgate Punch P1650 6.5" Coaxial

Sub: Pioneer TS-SWX2502 (Open to other suggestions, just the best performance to size and price I could find as the double cab doesn't have tons of free space)

Front Door Adapter: Metra 82-3004

Rear Door Adapter: Scosche SAGMHR634B

Also using factory replacement speaker connectors for simplicity.

I plan on grabbing the Metra 71-2107 to go from the HU to my amp line level inputs which will also turn the amp on. Then using the Metra 70-2057 to go back to the factory speaker harness. This way whenever I eventually trade the truck in I can keep my amp. Does anyone know how long these cables are? Any recommendations or suggestions?

The ahhh bypass harness will be 17-20 feet long. The reverse harness will probably be 5 inches.

Will the stock tweeters be wired to the amplifier? If so,  don't, they will not last long. Do either a replacement speaker or get component 6x9s...

Just verify that the harnesses retain all of the wires coming out and going in ,  they don't always. 

Sound deadening and fast rings are 2 of the best things one can do for an audio system. Sound deadening changes the resonance frequency of the door metal and reduces vibration allowing for cleaner, louder sound. Very good idea to get it. Even if just to go around the speaker and on the panel behind it.  Don't even need to cover the door paneling. 

Why not do an  aftermarket radio and get Android auto or apple carplay? Will also give great tonal control over the sound that the factory lacks.

9 hours ago, HagiborChayil said:

The ahhh bypass harness will be 17-20 feet long. The reverse harness will probably be 5 inches.

Will the stock tweeters be wired to the amplifier? If so,  don't, they will not last long. Do either a replacement speaker or get component 6x9s...

Just verify that the harnesses retain all of the wires coming out and going in ,  they don't always. 

Sound deadening and fast rings are 2 of the best things one can do for an audio system. Sound deadening changes the resonance frequency of the door metal and reduces vibration allowing for cleaner, louder sound. Very good idea to get it. Even if just to go around the speaker and on the panel behind it.  Don't even need to cover the door paneling. 

Why not do an  aftermarket radio and get Android auto or apple carplay? Will also give great tonal control over the sound that the factory lacks.

Not wanting to do an aftermarket radio as I like the one it comes with. Plus that's another easy 600+ into it that I don't wanna spend.

I've actually changed how I think i wanna do this. I want to go with some Infinity Kappa speakers instead and hold off on a sub to see if I really want it. They can handle much more power so i was thinking about running 14ga to the speakers and just skipping the factory wiring. Do I need to do that or will that cause any issues? Plus this way I don't melt the dash speakers.

Infininty Kappa 693.11i and 62.11i

Archived