Sign in to follow this  
fondupot

Diode Dynamics SL1 LED Headlights review and install

Question

Just installed a set of SL1 LED headlights in the low beam and high beam. These are fantastic! Check out the video below:

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Just installed a set of SL1 LED headlights in the low beam and high beam. These are fantastic! Check out the video below:

I watched your video on YouTube last night after seeing someone else order these on here. Thanks for the video. I’m looking into these.

Thanks for sharing ! It seems the LED circuits will overheat and fail after a period due to the confined cooling space within the dust covers.  Is their any reported issues of them failing after a few months of use?  

Edited by tedlaw

Great install video.  They look great and easy to install.

Hopefully they last a long time.  For the cost, I would not be willing to chance it unless they have a proven track record to last. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By mpuleo
      I have a Silverado Custom and I want to upgrade the whole headlight fixture to the LED headlights. Does anyone know the cost of the OEM LED headlights? Also has anyone heard of aftermarket headlights OEM style that may be coming out? 
    • By SpotTail
      I’m shopping lifts for my 2015 Silverado Z71. Yes I know BDS is the best, and everyone loves Zone, and most people hate RC.... but what about Pro Comp?
      4wheelparts suggested their 6” Pro Comp with new struts, upgraded shocks, improved ride quality etc (they own pro comp so I’m not surprised). Seems like a good price and 4wheelparts is a reputable installer with their own warranty on labor/workmanship, which is a nice piece of mind.

the kit looks good and I have yet to find aNy bad reviews about pro comp on the web...but that’s the problem.. I can’t find ANY reviews about 2014-2018 GM Pro Comp 6” lift.

here is a link to the kit I’m considering. Thanks in advance. I’m planning on running 35s
      https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/pro-comp-6-inch-lift-kit-with-pro-runner-shocks-k1171bps/_/R-DFCW-K1171BPS
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor / Publisher, GM-Trucks.com
      March 22nd, 2019

The all new Chevy Suburban & Tahoe along with the all new GMC Yukon have been caught testing on public roads once again. We've licensed these images so we can show you the very first look at production lighting for these future 2020 model year vehicles. 

The last time we saw pre-production models of GM's full-size SUVs was last fall when the 2020 Tahoe and Yukon were caught on film for the first time. This time, the trucks look more complete and almost ready for action. 

Here's what our spy photographer has to say about the 2020 Suburban, Tahoe and Yukon:

And here are the images:

• By Waterfowler41
      Quick how to and review of the Cab Over America wireless cab lights.

Link to parts: https://caboveramerica.com/

The parts: For just under $400 you get a set of 5 battery powered wireless cab lights.  Each light consists of 4 parts; the aluminum mounting plate, rubber gasket, LED/PV panel module, and the top lens.  The top lenses can be had in clear, amber or smoke.  In our case, we went with smoke. 

You also get two remotes to control the lights.  Overall the quality is high and what I would expect from something in this price range.  You also get some small lenses that can be place inside the cab lights to change the lights to amber while still using a clear or smoke outer lens.  Lastly you are given a Cab Over America tape measure.  We laid the tape out but ended up using a tape measure for all measurements. 

The install:
      First step was to decide on how you will be playing out the lights.  We went with the two edge lights and 3 concentrated in the middle.  Others may go with the even spacing all the way across, completely up to you. Here's a test fit. Also shows you the clearance with the shark fin.  Remove the two nuts, lens, LED, and gasket so you are just left with the aluminum bracket with screw posts.  It was easier to measure and mount the brackets without all the extra parts.  We also bent the brackets a bit to fit the counter of the roof in the location they'd be installed.  Here they are laid out in position.  Wipe down the front 10" of your cab with Isopropyl alcohol. This is to prep the surface for better adhesion. Starting with the cab light nearest to the shark fin, measure 4.5" up from the windshield and 4.5" from the rain gutter to the front stud.  This will locate the front mounting post.  The rear post of the drivers side cab light should also be 4.5" from the gutter. Using a marker to make temp markings so when you remove the tape backing you can guide the bracket into position.  Remove the tape backing, heat up the double stick tape, and install using your guidelines. Repeat for the passenger side light. Find the center of the windshield, measure 4.5" straight back, this will locate the front stud of the center light.  Make sure the mounting bracket is straight and mark guide lined with a marker, remove tape backing, heat up the tape, then install. For the side center lights, we offset the lights 7.5" from the center light centerline.  Measuring 7.5" from the center light's stud to the side light studs we were able to locate the side lights. Both the front and back studs of the side cab lights are 7.5" from the respective studs on the center light bracket.  After all the metal brackets were installed the rubber gaskets were reinstalled, LED modules installed, and the lenses were screwed down. Last step was to sit back and enjoy the lights.  They look great with the switchback mirrors!  
      Here is a video of the install if you don't like reading!

Thanks!
      WF41

• By Andy Chabot
      I would like to change the regular bulbs in my Front turn signals on my RST to LEDs. Does anyone know what bulbs these are (they are marked 855)? Any recommendations on LED's that won't require resistors?