Catch Can mounting location question

I have an Elite E2-X setup that I plan to install this weekend. I just went through a 120+ page thread on this site about catch cans and early on some claimed that if mounted to the brake booster location it caused a vibration in the pedals.  Is this still an issue?

25 minutes ago, Ozer said:

My Elite 2 is mounted to the booster, i havent felt anything. Just mount it there, you will be fine. Not sure why it would cause a vibration?

From what I read the vacuum from the PCV system through the can caused just enough high velocity vibration that it could be felt through the brake booster bolt and on the pedals.  I'm probably going to mount in the battery location, but haven't dry-fitted anything yet to see what location I like best.

Depends upon your age.  Younger guys tend to like the brake booster location to get the can out of the way.  Us old guys like the battery tray location for ease of access.  We're old and can't stand the strain.

14 minutes ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

Depends upon your age.  Younger guys tend to like the brake booster location to get the can out of the way.  Us old guys like the battery tray location for ease of access.  We're old and can't stand the strain.

I second that....I looked at booster and thought nope! I am not crawling back to area.  I put mine off the front cross member above the electric fans....I don't have to keep mine close to engine for cold climate either so people who live in cold climates should know that lines/cans can and do freeze up.

49 minutes ago, mookdoc6 said:

I second that....I looked at booster and thought nope! I am not crawling back to area.  I put mine off the front cross member above the electric fans....I don't have to keep mine close to engine for cold climate either so people who live in cold climates should know that lines/cans can and do freeze up.

Well whatever is in those cans will likely freeze up no matter the location if sitting out overnight in -10 or -20 degree weather (like mine will). I'm just under the impression that I will have to religiously drain the thing in the winter and drain it right after driving while everything is warm before it has a chance to freeze up. To start, I'll probably just plan to drain every time I fill gas tank (or every second fill).

Well whatever is in those cans will likely freeze up no matter the location if sitting out overnight in -10 or -20 degree weather (like mine will). I'm just under the impression that I will have to religiously drain the thing in the winter and drain it right after driving while everything is warm before it has a chance to freeze up. To start, I'll probably just plan to drain every time I fill gas tank (or every second fill).
With the hot gases coming from the crank case, whatever freeze is there, if any will quickly thaw out, I don't think it's an issue. Hasn't been for me all this fridget winter.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, BigBlueLB756 said:

I did the same, but I think it's more of "think more work less".......

2 hours ago, Ozer said:

Nice! You have enough line that you can easily move it to spare battery tray area with a different mount.

Yep, that was my plan....I can move it if I ever want pretty easily and quickly.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 2:03 PM, bkesting said:

Yep, that was my plan....I can move it if I ever want pretty easily and quickly.

Nice!  Now remove that big black awful GM Catch Can apparatus attached to the throttle body! 

Archived