Broken plug on power steering, Need Help!

Last week i decided to level my 2014 4wd silverado.  in the process of removing the plugs from the eps i broke  the upper most plug and now its loose. I have been trying to find where i can buy  a replacement but have had no luck. where could i buy one? or what would be the proper name for the plug so i can do a better job when trying to explain to people what im looking for. thanks in advance.

Why did you unplug the power steering to install a level kit?  :uhoh:

To answer your question, we need more information....is it the connector on the harness side or the connector on the power steering unit itself?  Either way, you're pretty screwed....if you're lucky you can maybe de-pin the connector if it's the harness side and replace it with a new connector without buying the whole harness.  However, GM probably doesn't sell the connector by itself, so you'd have to match it up and source one from Mouser, etc.

Now, if it's the connector on the power steering side, you'd have to replace the entire unit most likely and that is expensive.

Edited by lapoolboy

27 minutes ago, tnchevy said:

He took it off because that is what the instructions on many of the leveling kits tell you to do.  

Well, that's unfortunate.  I can think of no need whatsoever to do that.  I've installed several but I didn't need instructions to do so.  Had I read that in the instructions, I would have ignored it.

Sorry about your luck OP.

thanks guys for the input, ill take a picture and posted so yall can see what im talking about.  and like tnchevy said, i took them off because the instructions said to do so. i guess the only good thing (if you can even call it good) is that it was the connector on the harness and not the power steering

25 minutes ago, tomtom7788 said:

thanks guys for the input, ill take a picture and posted so yall can see what im talking about.  and like tnchevy said, i took them off because the instructions said to do so. i guess the only good thing (if you can even call it good) is that it was the connector on the harness and not the power steering

Yea, that's good.  You can probably just de-pin it and replace the connector.  Check mouser.com.  As for the instructions saying to unplug the power steering to install a leveling kit, that's just baffling to me and simply not needed.  What kit is it, just curious? 

40 minutes ago, lapoolboy said:

Yea, that's good.  You can probably just de-pin it and replace the connector.  Check mouser.com.  As for the instructions saying to unplug the power steering to install a leveling kit, that's just baffling to me and simply not needed.  What kit is it, just curious? 

rough country 2 inch level kit

I had that kit on my truck before I went to the Zone 6.5".  My instructions didn't say to unplug the power steering.  It's just a spacer that goes between the strut and the control arm.  Has nothing to do with the power steering.  I guess they had some idiot install it with the key on and someone turning the wheel?!?!?  I guess that could potentially screw something up although I'm still not too sure how.  

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2018 at 3:14 PM, tomtom7788 said:

Last week i decided to level my 2014 4wd silverado.  in the process of removing the plugs from the eps i broke  the upper most plug and now its loose. I have been trying to find where i can buy  a replacement but have had no luck. where could i buy one? or what would be the proper name for the plug so i can do a better job when trying to explain to people what im looking for. thanks in advance.

You ever get the connector replaced? Same thing happened to me with the same kit and instructions. I'm so pissed at myself because my gut was telling me that there should be no need to disconnect those, but I've never owned a truck or car with electric power steering assist. I can get the connectors on, but they don't click in anymore.

• 1 year later...