I purchased a new 2014 Sierra, should of known better...dummy.

First year or two of a model change brings issues!

Once you discover a problem your at their mercy! 

Anyone that buys a new model design 2019, beware there's a huge potential for problems if it's anything like the 2014 model change.

As for GMC being professional grade....not in my opinion, its simply an advertising slogan.

Hope this alerts a few people! Their problems are now mine to repair.

Sure glad the American public was able to bail them out a few years ago!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to this forum.  Sorry to hear about your disappointment.  I can assure you that your issues have little to do with the "first year of model change"  belief.  This forum has many members who are proud owners of first year GM products.  Your issues are more likely related to purchasing a used vehicle.  

9 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Welcome to this forum.  Sorry to hear about your disappointment.  I can assure you that your issues have little to do with the "first year of model change"  belief.  This forum has many members who are proud owners of first year GM products.  Your issues are more likely related to purchasing a used vehicle.  

He states he bought new.

Disagree Donstar.

I have never bought a new vehicle, always used.

I have never had a bad vehicle.

I don't think it's luck either.

I buy used with about 40 k miles on them.

I do go over the vehicle very well, and have it put on a lift so I can inspect the undercarriage.

:)

42 minutes ago, grand kids truck said:

As for GMC being professional grade....not in my opinion, its simply an advertising slogan.

Absolutely spot on. GMC is just a Chevy with more chrome. All the structural and mechanical parts are the same with only minor differences in trim and aesthetics.

I still don't know why GM makes the same truck with two different grilles on the front.

32 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

He states he bought new.

Disagree Donstar.

I have never bought a new vehicle, always used.

I have never had a bad vehicle.

I don't think it's luck either.

I buy used with about 40 k miles on them.

I do go over the vehicle very well, and have it put on a lift so I can inspect the undercarriage.

:)

Oops!  My apologies to op!  I thought new member, new purchase of '14.   I also didn't intend to criticize buying used.  It is just if he had bought a 4 yr old vehicle and it was problematic then it would have little to do with the design and lots to do with the care by previous owners.

All vehicles are professional grade as they are assembled by paid employees.  All are quality vehicles as well!  If you get a professional and a quality truck at employee pricing  you are all set!  ;-/

I’ve had a 14, 15, and a 16. all have had somewhere in the ballpark of $1000 of Warranty related repairs before 10,000 miles. Some issues still were not fixed after several trips to the dealership. Disappointing to say the least. Can’t say I’ll own another new GM pickup once the 16 lease is up. Between poor quality and the T1 truck appearance, I’ll either be buying a new Ford or a GMT800.

Some people would screw up the lords prayer, if they knew it! I have a 14 as well and have had no issues with it. So that kinda blows that theory!

1st year model change is no myth. New tech has to be fleshed out in the real world over time. Ever heard of AFM? You think the new start-stop engine will perform flawlessly without any revision for this truck's entire life cycle? Good Luck! The issue is working out the kinks in the manufacturing process; a computer simulation can't predict a variance that occurs on the line. It takes several thousand miles for these things to show up . Spend your money as you like, but best best is a heavily discounted 2018 right now - hell, they may have finally fixed the shake!

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

What a great troll post err I mean first post from a contributing member! All vehicles (and trucks) have issues between them, first year may have a few more recalls to update stuff or fix a flaw they find once out in the real world but for the most part those are extremely rare occurrences and not much different than a 2,4 or 6 year old model; you still hear similar complaints year later with new models. 

My new 14 hasn't had a lick of problems, the way people like you talk you would think it would shake, not have working AC, have a wonky transmission and not be able to get out of its own way while eating oil among other things. Suck it up, coming on a forum and complaining isn't helping your cause unless a smear campaign is it.

You don't like it, sell it. If you can afford to buy a new expensive pickup you can afford to dump it if need be to make you happy, life is too short. Go try a Ford or Dodge, see how those do (hint, check out the forums...).

Tyler

I owned a 99 Silverado, first year, GMT-800, no first year issues.    2007 Sierra-  first year, GMT-900  no first year issues.  so it is possible to get a first year model and not have any issues.  But why not error on the side of caution, eh?

11 hours ago, aseibel said:

I still don't know why GM makes the same truck with two different grilles on the front.

It's so Buick, (Pontiac, Olds) and Cadillac dealers can (could) sell trucks without having to carry Chevrolet's full lineup of cars.  .  

21 hours ago, grand kids truck said:

I purchased a new 2014 Sierra, should of known better...dummy.

First year or two of a model change brings issues!

Once you discover a problem your at their mercy! 

Anyone that buys a new model design 2019, beware there's a huge potential for problems if it's anything like the 2014 model change.

Hope this alerts a few people! Their problems are now mine to repair.

Sure glad the American public was able to bail them out a few years ago!

Think we have a troll on our hands :troll:

Archived