Just talked to 2019 Sierra Owner

I keep flipping back n forth on what I think about this truck.  I wonder how it would look with a slight lift and a bigger A/T tire (Sierra AT4 doesn't count because we all know that thing comes with punny tires!).  Quite honestly those wheels and tires look so small, the truck is just like really big lol.  The massive front end doesn't help.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:38 PM, SkiDooNick700 said:

I keep flipping back n forth on what I think about this truck.  I wonder how it would look with a slight lift and a bigger A/T tire (Sierra AT4 doesn't count because we all know that thing comes with punny tires!).  Quite honestly those wheels and tires look so small, the truck is just like really big lol.  The massive front end doesn't help.

I like the AT4 but it definitely needs 33's. Im just glad that the truck will have an 8 speeds.. It should handle 33's without a problem even with 3.23's. The 32's almost look like an April fools joke.  It's pretty obvious GM made some of these packages to be ready for oversized tires but left the 32's on as a way to game the system with CAFE. I think we will see more of these little tricks like undersized tires and the Ram's active air dam as ways to keep the gov happy and still make trucks with power and capability. 

fyi

First of all as part of the development program we typically have small numbers of vehicles that we put out in the hands of people that drive them on a daily basis. That’s a part of our development program that occurs prior to production. We call that a “captured test fleet”. Captured meaning we know where the cars are and we know who the drivers are, and test fleet because the cars aren’t in production yet. We use the versions that we build at the tail end of the development cycle to really put them out there on a daily basis to get better understanding of whats going on with the vehicles.

GM VP of global program management

Very cool.

I keep seeing a 2019 silverado in a high level color matched trim in that brown/grey colpr... im just not getting used to that one yet.

I saw an all black color matched 2019 GMC Sierra and thought it was pretty sharp.  Hard to say for sure tho as both these trucks drive the opposite way of me to and from work.

Put me in the category of “need more time” to render a final opinion.  

For right now, the front lights are a replica of the F150, from the side it looks like the Canyon - until you see the oversized Nissan Titan information plate on the front quarter panel - and from the rear it looks like something lacy.  But not attractive like some lacy things are.  

we all have opinions...

• 3 weeks later...

I'm starting to see these almost regularly in SE MI now... no pictures as they're either coming the other way or parked in a parking lot that I'm driving by.  Seen a lot more GMCs than I have Chevys... interesting.  The look still hasn't grown on me yet.

I did see an all black Denali in the gym parking lot but failed to take a picture.. laziness lol.

On 5/29/2018 at 5:46 PM, shift_grind said:

They would not have updated the 5.3 and 6.2 to update them again in a few years.  

The updates the engines got will be what they are for a while.  

What were the updates?

1 hour ago, Snoringbear said:

What were the updates?

Just afm to dfm?

not much.  I wish atleast the 5.3 saw a bump.  

Edited by f8l vnm

On 5/28/2018 at 11:38 AM, SkiDooNick700 said:

come on man I'm S.E MI, no need to question me!! Pics below...

Thats got a bowtie on it :-)

c7XppPA.jpg

kyMZWy2.jpg?1

LJEAQMY.jpg

So ----- there is such a thing as too much chrome!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

Just afm to dfm?

not much.  I wish atleast the 5.3 saw a bump.  

Yeh, for sure.  The reason I asked is I read somewhere that for 2019 the 6.2L hp remained the same at 420 but the torque was actually reduced by 10 ft lbs to 450.  Don’t know if true or not.  Anyway, as you I was hoping for a bump in hp and torque for both the 5.3 and 6.2.  But, guess it didn’t happen ?....