key fob and buttons do not lock or unlock

Hey guys, 

Hoping to get some input on this as its a little frustrating. My key fob and lock and unlock button on the drivers door do not work at all. I have an 09 Sierra, and have already replaced the lock button as that was the easiest piece to eliminate. There is power to the button, and when i push both the lock and unlock buttons i can hear clicking from the secondary fuse panel. Someone has suggested that i check out the relay,  but i am unable to locate and find said relay. All the fuses have been checked and rechecked, and are all in good shape. Dont really want to take it to a shop for this as i can likely do it myself. 

Thanks in advance 

Elyse

Have someone push the lock button while you track down the clicking sound. Bad relays will often making a clicking sound. Of course, good relays click too. You could also have a bad lock actuator. Pulling the door panel is pretty easy, then just use a volt meter to check the power at the actuator while pushing the lock button. 

• 1 month later...