Homer1952

2018 Acadia Transmission Manual Range select

Question

I've a 2018 GMC Acadia.  It is a FWD 3.6L/6T70.  Recently, I've not been able to move the shift lever to Low ranges.  It was intermittent at first & today I was not able to shift it into low range at all.

Wondering: if anyone else has experienced this?, Fix?, Bulletin?   This is a potential safety issue.

Thanx Bob

3 answers to this question

A 2018 is still under warranty unless you managed to mile out in under a year. 

Not sure how this could be safety issue though. Can't recall any incident that I have run into where manually shift to low was ever called for. It's only been near 45 years driving though, perhaps it has not had time to pop up yet. 

Low range is a Federal requirement.  NHTSA would view this as a safety issue.  I use it frequently (when it works).  Apparently you haven't been down Mt. Haleakala or Mt. Washington. Low range is a must there. Guess you need to drive more than just 45 years.  Thanx for the helpful answer.

Apparently there is a bulletin out on the shifter.  The dealer has my car now & he tells me the shifter is broken in two areas. The shifter is either being redesigned or is already.  But he has no idea how long it will be to get a new shifter assembly .  Could be weeks as it is back ordered.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By 6FOOT6Chevy
      Its been awhile since I've put up an update post on what I have done to my truck in the past few months. So here is the list....
      -RC 2 inch leveling kit
      -Carven performance exhaust ( Competition muffler )
      -Aftermarket taillights ( returning soon as they already have issues )
      -future planned taillights are morimoto's
      -Black bowtie swap front and rear
      -I may get aftermarket headlights in the future if prices go down.
      -Custom HD towing mirrors ( The front LED turn signals are sequential )
      -20 inch light bar mounted onto a license plate bracket mount
      -20x10 -25 offset dropstar 655bm
      -33x12.5 toyo open country RT's
      -Front end air dam removal with trimming for tires
      -LED turn signal bulbs

All these mods were done myself except for the tow mirrors since i had them done at my Chevy dealer so that i made sure everything worked properly and was warrantied for the wiring harness.
      Please give me your thoughts and opinions on my build and give me any pointers o what i should do next to the truck. I'm thinking about getting a cold air inductions CAI next.

• By EXSlider400
      Thinking about adding 2 or 3 small leds in the ram air hood scoop. Guy on another forum did it on a Silverado but this is the only one I have seen. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dieselplace.com/forum/76-speciality-forums/81-electrical/951082-2017-hood-scoop-lights.html%3famp=1

May be too many since I added running board lights though...

• By Jeff Gates
      Actually found this forum by doing a search on uncomfortable seats in GMC's in general.
      Found this topic 
      I found this to be exactly my problem with my 2019 Acadia seats. Seams they never fixed the junk seats from back in 2016,
      I didn't take this specific Acadia for a test drive but another and don't remember such pain. I'm hoping its a defect but
      i definitely notice a sinking feeling and immediate pain after just a few minutes in it. Makes long trips really unbearable and sometimes short trips a tough.
      I've tried all kinds of lumbar supports (even the 300 dollar ones) with no luck. Even tried a few different seats as well but they seem to lift me up too high. I'm 6'2 at about 200 pounds.

Kinda regretting this purchase now and wish i would have turned my man card in and got that KIA i looked at after all lol.
      Not to mention, im not crazy about these cheap slippery steering wheels GMC put in, reminds me of the Dodge Journeys. But, i'm ok with putting a cover on that.
      Now, im straight up afraid to drive this thing without taking a few pain pills.
      Anybody have any constructive tips they can offer or experienced the same issue?
      Thanks 

• By CStew18
      I have a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali. I just installed the 2” Rough Country front leveling kit. I couldn’t do the 2.5” because my truck has the stamped control arms. The rear of my truck still has about a 1.5” lift/rake compared to the front that I am sure is caused by the rear lift blocks since it is 4WD. Can I remove the rear blocks safely?  Or will it cause any damage to my Magneride suspension?  What are my options to lower the rear to match the front of my truck now?
    • By scubarob639
      2018 Silverado Z71 5.3L with 14K miles. DIC fuel average indicates 10.3% better fuel economy then actual MPG.  28 fill-ups and reset each time. Any way to calibrate meter?  1% variance maximum variance between each of 28 fill-ups.
      Thanks for any assistance. Truck is 100% stock including tires.