2018 Acadia Transmission Manual Range select

Homer1952

Question

I've a 2018 GMC Acadia.  It is a FWD 3.6L/6T70.  Recently, I've not been able to move the shift lever to Low ranges.  It was intermittent at first & today I was not able to shift it into low range at all.

Wondering: if anyone else has experienced this?, Fix?, Bulletin?   This is a potential safety issue.

Thanx Bob

3 answers to this question

A 2018 is still under warranty unless you managed to mile out in under a year. 

Not sure how this could be safety issue though. Can't recall any incident that I have run into where manually shift to low was ever called for. It's only been near 45 years driving though, perhaps it has not had time to pop up yet. 

Low range is a Federal requirement.  NHTSA would view this as a safety issue.  I use it frequently (when it works).  Apparently you haven't been down Mt. Haleakala or Mt. Washington. Low range is a must there. Guess you need to drive more than just 45 years.  Thanx for the helpful answer.

Apparently there is a bulletin out on the shifter.  The dealer has my car now & he tells me the shifter is broken in two areas. The shifter is either being redesigned or is already.  But he has no idea how long it will be to get a new shifter assembly .  Could be weeks as it is back ordered.