Crew cab vs double cab

Hello all,

I am in the market for a pick up truck, I guess there is a big sales event in Canada to get rid of all the K2xx before T1 rolls out.

Double cabs have 0% 8 years finance and other benefits and Crew cabs also have good deals but finance is .99%. It seems like overall I need to spend 5-6,000 more dollars to purchase crew cab.

I would like to avoid buying crew cab all possible but, I do have two children.. One with front facing car seat and one with rear facing car seat.

I am not sure if double cab would fit car seats comfortably?

Are there anyone out there who bought double cab and regret not buying crew cab because of just a few thousand dollars?

It crew cab totally worthwhile over double cab if you have children?

Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

I have no kids, and %100 stand behind the crew cab. If you've ever had one, and you like a double cab, not sure what to tell you. The extra space is way worth it in my book. 

* To add a note of regret. 

I purchased a brand new doublecab. My wife and I couldn't stand it, and within a month traded it back for a used crew cab and even though I lost money, it was a learning experience I won't forget - I will never buy a double cab unless unforeseen circumstances. 

This was a couple years ago, and now I'm back with a different crew cab again, but didn't for a second debate for a double cab.

Edited by FREEZE451
  • Like 1

I have the 2018 CC with an 8 y/o and a 2 month old. I love the room I have back there for them. I bought the CC specifically because we were having another kiddo and I didn't want to fight getting the seat in and out. I had an 07 classic extended cab before and it worked for my first but it was getting tight for her and with another on the way it was time for more room.

I have a kid in a rear facing seat and a kid in a front facing seat in my crew cab.  

I'm a tall fellow, but I wish there was MORE legroom for them.  I have to slide my seat up further than I'd like to get the car seat in.

I have no experience with a modern double cab, but I know a front facing carseat barely fits in the backseat of my dad's 2005 Chevy extended cab.  :D

Rear facing seat still touched the back of my headrest in a crew cab. That was with the extra pad under it to alter the angle. I can't imagine putting rear facing kid seats in a double. Now if they are front facing and you don't mind them kicking your seat and getting all kinds of mud, crud, whatever on the back of your upholstery, then you can live with a double.

My last pick-up was a 1994 Ford Ranger extend cab so my 18, Z71 double cab is like a dance hall.  I chose the double cab because I needed something to tow a TT, I wanted the standard box and the shorter wheel base.  The kids are gone and just the dog rides in the back.

I'm a double cab guy all the way, but my kids are grown and I'm alone in the truck 99.9% of the time. I preferred the extra bed space.

This is my 3rd DC truck in a row. In your case with growing kids, I would go CC for sure.