Crew or Double Cab?

I am searching for my first Silverado, have zeroed in on LTZ trim

It seems there are very few Crew Cabs around used (looking 2016-17).  Besides a few inches legroom by the photos of getting the Crew Cab which is my first choice, are there any other obvious advantages or disadvantages of one over the other?  Tons of Double Cabs.

Bob

Double cab doesn't have short bed option. Thats pretty much it though. Honestly I sort of wish I went with the double cab to get the extra bed length. That said the crew is nice with the hunting buddies in the fall and trips to the range.

Most double cabs come with a standard box.  Most crew cabs come with a short box.

I have a double cab standard box.  The rear seat in a double cab is really not that comfortable for adult passengers, it is cramped.  I wanted a crew cab standard box, but couldn't find one around me with the options I wanted.

I used to exclusively buy double cabs and loved them! Then we had twins and the car seats wouldn't fit with any level of comfort. The crew cab is MUCH bigger inside. I remember it felt like a minivan when I first got in. It also felt like driving a battleship compared to my old trucks. I've gotten used to it now and like it, but if I didn't have kids I'd still be rocking the double.

I wanted a crew cab (kids and car seats) and standard bed (hauling) when I was looking.  I found very few in that configuration so I had to end up ordering mine.  Crew cab, standard bed, Max Trailering package is what I wanted, and ended up ordering.  I love it though!

• Like 2

Resale Value will be better with a Crew.

Then again, you pay more for it in the beginning.

With the decreased back seat distance from the driver on a Double Cab, you can see more of the bed from inside the cab as a driver or front seat passenger.

I don’t have kids yet or drive people that often so a double cab works better for me. I utilize the extra foot of bed space much more frequently than rear legroom.

However in the future ill be getting a crew cab standard bed 2500 just to have the best of both worlds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kubs said:

I wanted a crew cab (kids and car seats) and standard bed (hauling) when I was looking.  I found very few in that configuration so I had to end up ordering mine.  Crew cab, standard bed, Max Trailering package is what I wanted, and ended up ordering.  I love it though!

This is my dilemma, Looks like I have to order mine since I want the same set up, CC Standard bed with Max Tow package.  Stinks that I have to wait until late Jan/Feb before I can get one.  Only CC with short beds being made now.

Crew cab with standard bed here. Kind of stumbled onto it, didn't realize that was a tough combo to find.

Crew cab was a must for me since I have two little ones, one of them rear facing for a bit. A rear facing car seat won't fit behind seats of anything but Crew cab I believe. Would have to put them in middle I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Everyone is pretty much in agreement and I will second: if you plan on having adults or kids ride in the back seat, you need a CC. If you always drive alone, then go for the double.

The bed length is dependent on how you use it. I came from a regular cab long bed, and i loved it. Had to switch to CC when we had kids. I hate having a short bed, but if I had a standard bed on mine I wouldn't be able to park in the garage, much less turn into parking spaces. 

20 minutes ago, joshcastle13 said:

Crew cab with standard bed here. Kind of stumbled onto it, didn't realize that was a tough combo to find.

Crew cab was a must for me since I have two little ones, one of them rear facing for a bit. A rear facing car seat won't fit behind seats of anything but Crew cab I believe. Would have to put them in middle I think.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I have a double cab and 1 child. My daughter is still rear facing so she is in the middle (I can't imagine what a pain it would be having her behind either front seat). A crew would be nicer but the double cab is definitely doable unless you had two car seats rear facing at once.

• Like 1