What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

1 hour ago, Byrds8 said:

I did not. In a video I had seen it showed removing the top shroud and 4 bolts and popping it out a bit. Unfortunately, it pops out those clips. No video mentions it so it doesnt say how to get them back in. I tried everything I could but the angle was just wrong to get it in correctly.

Interesting the wrong way but quick and effective way is to remove the red inserts with small screwdriver or pry tool. Then shove a large screwdriver in and gently twist behind the red inserts to pop off entire backplate if that makes sense. Never have to remove any shroud or grill etc etc and then boom pop new emblem in and done!

10 minutes ago, luke1333 said:

Interesting the wrong way but quick and effective way is to remove the red inserts with small screwdriver or pry tool. Then shove a large screwdriver in and gently twist behind the red inserts to pop off entire backplate if that makes sense. Never have to remove any shroud or grill etc etc and then boom pop new emblem in and done!

Yeah I found that video later when I was looking up trying to figure out how to fix the bumper cover. Would have been nice to find that one first but...I didnt lol. Sucks I did it myself to save money having it installed to have to take it to fix the cover that isnt clipping back in place. Lesson learned I suppose.

1 minute ago, Byrds8 said:

Yeah I found that video later when I was looking up trying to figure out how to fix the bumper cover. Would have been nice to find that one first but...I didnt lol. Sucks I did it myself to save money having it installed to have to take it to fix the cover that isnt clipping back in place. Lesson learned I suppose.

yeah i hear the grill is a pain to take off from the bumper cover as well!

On 1/9/2021 at 10:32 PM, Z71TrailBoss said:

... Apple MagSafe iPhone charger in center console lid (used 3” hole saw to cut a hole in plastic under rubber mat and then hot glued charger in the hole under the rubber mat, works awesome with iPhone 12 Pro).

about to do the same.

are you using a case? got the magsafe charger, and cant get it to connect through the rubber mat. using spigen magsafe case and 12 pro. thanks

On 3/7/2022 at 11:01 AM, Byrds8 said:

Yeah Im sure. Granted I dont know that I could have wired it up without popping loose the grill.

You just have to take off hood release handle and that grate underneath it and can fish it through the core support to the headlight harness. Can be a pain and scratch your hands but has to be easier then removing a bunch of stuff!

1 hour ago, luke1333 said:

You just have to take off hood release handle and that grate underneath it and can fish it through the core support to the headlight harness. Can be a pain and scratch your hands but has to be easier then removing a bunch of stuff!

Hind sight 20/20 and all lol.

• Like 1

Took truck into dealership to see if they would warranty the chrome exhaust tips before 3 year, 36k bumper to bumper was up. Got it back today with new tips. They look great! Lets hope they hold up better than the first ones did.  These do look like they are coated better than my original 2019's were. Way brighter 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Byrds8 said:

Anyone install the Boost auto jumper for fog lights? Thoughts?

I did, super easy, no issues, been well over a year, or maybe 2!

1 hour ago, eppieguy said:

I did, super easy, no issues, been well over a year, or maybe 2!

Good, I may do this myself. At $25 its not a great cost and then I no longer have to hit the button every morning. This keeps it permanently on correct? You cannot hit the button after to turn it off.

• Like 1

New to me 2020 Trail Boss LT Crew in Shadow Gray Metallic.  I had to upgrade from a 2020 Custom Double cab because 1) My son hit a teenage growth spurt and him and his buddies don't fit in the back seat any more and 2) turns out my 4'11" wife can't see over the hood on the rare occasion she needs to drive.  So I upgraded to the Crew and LT (with adjustable drivers seat).  Oh darn.

Previous owner took care of a few mods:  Muffler delete, removed all badges, window tint, factory spray-in bed liner, DECKED Truck Bed drawers

I've added a few:  Pulsar LT (no more DFM or ASS), Boost Auto mod (auto-on fogs with headlights and all-6 lights on when bright)

And I have a few on the way: Westin HDX steps, LEDs for backup lights/cargo light, distressed American flag decal for back window, custom black Trail Boss/flag decal for bed.

And a few I'm considering for the future: BAKflip or WeatherTech tri-fold bed cover, Bull Bar or Chevy Nudge Bar

20220303_191550 (2).jpg

20220302_082620 (002).jpg

• Like 5

Installed black AT4 badges and fender vents. Smoked out the front amber corners. Made the windows nice and dark for this upcoming Texas summer. 

Ordered the GM upfitter switch kit, should arrive next week so looking forward to installing it. Got a 20” dual row light bar I will be installing in the bumper, have a front valence/ cover from a Duramax AT4 on order which has the opening already there so I don’t have to try and cut into the the stock bumper. 

4” lift goes on next week as well along with black 22x10 on 35” Nitto Recon grappler, been waiting almost a month to get this put on so I’m excited. 

2C6379E2-F464-48FE-BFAB-743987132E7D.jpeg