What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

5 hours ago, TNTSilverado said:

Come to Yankton, SD. My buddy owns business for 30 years. He is flawless. He is so damn picky!  He won a tournament in Vegas in the 90s.  I drove back from Vegas when I lived there to have him tint my Trailblazer. It was tinted from dealership and I could have tinted it better. Looks like they drug it across the ground before applying and used damn toe nail clippers to round off the edges. People think tinting is easy. It’s not it’s an ART. The way they can shrink the film to fit a curved window is amazing. Good tinters are hard to find.
There is a reason we become great friends and now he is my son’s God Father. 

Sadly, a good anything these days is hard to find. So much of the quality and care in work went out the window. I took it back up there this morning. Now only time will tell. As long as the bubbles dry out like they are supposed to, it will look good. I did have the put 45% on the windshield instead of 35% though. I dont think the Silverado's headlights are as bright as the Sierra's. Granted, considering the difference in looking at my windshield, it makes me wonder if they put darker on it originally that they were supposed to. Who knows now though. At least its done and my interior, minus the windows, is cleaned back up. Tomorrow my detailer comes to strip buff and wax her.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Byrds8 said:

Sadly, a good anything these days is hard to find. So much of the quality and care in work went out the window. I took it back up there this morning. Now only time will tell. As long as the bubbles dry out like they are supposed to, it will look good. I did have the put 45% on the windshield instead of 35% though. I dont think the Silverado's headlights are as bright as the Sierra's. Granted, considering the difference in looking at my windshield, it makes me wonder if they put darker on it originally that they were supposed to. Who knows now though. At least its done and my interior, minus the windows, is cleaned back up. Tomorrow my detailer comes to strip buff and wax her.

What are your front windows set at? I'm at 17% over the rear 20%, 30% on the rollups and 50% on the shield with a 5% brow

9 hours ago, shakenfake said:

What are your front windows set at? I'm at 17% over the rear 20%, 30% on the rollups and 50% on the shield with a 5% brow

45% on the windshield (didnt ask for a brow also that definite line there would have drove me nuts), 20% on the fronts, slightly less than 20% on the rears (had them put "clear" which is really 70%), should be around 4% on the back as I asked them to put 20% on it. All with Xpel XR.

5 hours ago, Byrds8 said:

45% on the windshield (didnt ask for a brow also that definite line there would have drove me nuts), 20% on the fronts, slightly less than 20% on the rears (had them put "clear" which is really 70%), should be around 4% on the back as I asked them to put 20% on it. All with Xpel XR.

You need to do the brow behind the windshield tint. So windshield laid and then brow, no line.

Ah okay I figured you must be dark as hell in there with you wanting 35% on the shield. I may try and get my rollups down to 20%, haven't decided if my windshield will allow it though my truck looks pretty damn dark

Edit: Funny enough almost a year of having it done I needed to change my inspection sticker. They tinted over the inspection sticker so now the tint has torn a little bit, nothing SUPER bad but if you were looking for it you would see it. I contacted the guy but it has been almost a year I can't imagine they will want to work with me too much. Might need to get it done again and make sure I put the inspection sticker behind the tint.

Edited by shakenfake

Wow, I am surprised they tinted OVER the sticker. They told me upon tinting it any stickers would have to be removed etc. Which worked out great because I hadnt gotten around to removing the WiFi/ONstar sticker on the passenger window lol.

I wanted 35% because that is what I had ran on my 13 Camaro, 16 silverado and 21 Sierra. However, for whatever reason, it looked really too dark on this truck. Barely could see the headlights. I am wondering though if they put 20% instead since that is what the front windows are. It would explain why it was so super dark. As light as it is now, it seems more than a 10% difference. I have even wondered about the rear which I asked for 20% to be put on. I can still see through it so it looks lighter than 4%. Overall, it still looks good though. I may think about getting a brow later on just to block some of the sun. FL didnt give me the waiver for my truck this time (Not sure why since they gave one for the other car two weeks ago) LOL. They told me my chronic migraines wasnt good enough and told me to wear sunglasses lol. So wasnt trying to draw too much attention to myself :D

You can put stickers back over it but you have to do it carefully, best way is to put them on your shirt so they collect lint and aren't very sticky. I have put my toll tag sticker over tint twice with no issues, just peel it off later.

ah that is how you get away with it being so dark lol!
I try not to draw attention hence the 30% front windows. 5% all the way around looks darker than my windshield tint to be honest. Probably going to need to get this windshield redone if it looks really obvious that it's messed up. Need to give it a couple days.

Yeah. I am probably just going to resubmit the waiver and see if someone else gets it and approves. I hate not doing things the correct way but, without tint the sun kills.

IMG_2993.thumb.JPG.43cf7e1c38a5d9144880a4be98e0fc97.JPGIMG_2994.thumb.JPG.960461533791efb4361c090198b68fcd.JPG

Detail guy came today and washed, clayed, buffed and waxed the truck. Bit over four hours later and hes done. I love the look and feel of a nice clean vehicle LOL.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Byrds8 said:

Yeah. I am probably just going to resubmit the waiver and see if someone else gets it and approves. I hate not doing things the correct way but, without tint the sun kills.

In Texas you have to go to a optometrist and get a note and just carry the note around. I have not tried to get a note.

Too bad it isnt that easy here. Would be nice. Better yet, stop making tint laws lol. That would be even better. Tint or no tint people cant drive here at all. And damn if it sprinkles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Haughton said:

Added a little carbon fiber and satin wrap today.

20220504_151939.jpg

Is that the Vivvid Epoxy High Gloss fiber carbon wrap?  ...or which did you use and was it easy to work with?