leveling a trailboss

18 minutes ago, ct_corey said:

What are you wheel and tire specs? I am thinking about order the same wheels but wasn't sure what offset and tire size. did you need a spacer to clear the front calipers? 

I have the stock 20" Trailboss wheels that came on the truck. Tires are also stock (Bridgestone Dueler 265/60/20). 

On ‎2‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 10:08 PM, jj_marshy said:

Well, here is a before and after. It does look more leveled to me but I feel like it’s still off and not as leveled as yours. What do you think? Is it just me? FC23CF49-0F12-4D7A-AAED-E11D53D6379F.thumb.jpeg.02f28321859e06698198b7051b8daffe.jpeg

sorry I meant to quote this truck 

I don't get why get thinks that they need all these parts to gain 2". Seems like a huge waste. Anything with a Z71 on it should have that(offroad...).

I would think that a name like trail boss would mean it was trail capable but I don't see that as the case. Sure they will go down a trail but no one buys a new GM because of the trail capability.

Sad really.

Sent via Morse code

27 minutes ago, AgDoctor said:

I don't get why get thinks that they need all these parts to gain 2". Seems like a huge waste. Anything with a Z71 on it should have that(offroad...).

I would think that a name like trail boss would mean it was trail capable but I don't see that as the case. Sure they will go down a trail but no one buys a new GM because of the trail capability.

Sad really.

Sent via Morse code

Can't tell if your trying to be a comedian here or if your serious? 

It wasn't really very funny and it didn't really make any sense! 

If you don't care about this topic, don't follow along. It's pretty simple!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, AgDoctor said:

Sad really.

Sent via Morse code

I bought mine for that exact purpose , to go fishing and hunting down trails ... so yeah I DO buy a new GM for its capabilities and because i F*&^% love the look and also because I CAN ! 

Plus we do want we want with our trucks ... why do you care ?

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, L86 All Terrain said:

Leveling the front only is great if you're just a looks guy, but a bad decision if you tow or carry loads with your truck. Put the rear block in if you use your truck as a truck. 

Trailboss at my dealer looks like you could stuff a 35" in there, turning may be another story. If 35" tires are on your list of needs, you need to save up enough for a true 4" suspension lift as said before a 2" lift on top of a 2" lift is not the proper approach without re-designing your suspension and drive-line geometry. By the time you buy the proper CA's/BJ's, drop brackets, axles etc. you will be more $ into it than a 4" suspension lift. No cutting with most 4" lifts as well so there is that bonus over a 6" lift and they are usually a lot cheaper.    

Why is that? I know plenty of people on here who tow with 2" levels, myself included. Granted, I personally rarely ever stuff really heavy things in my bed and my 17' boat only weighs about 2,300 lbs including the trailer.

2 hours ago, mistermcgoo said:

Why is that? I know plenty of people on here who tow with 2" levels, myself included. Granted, I personally rarely ever stuff really heavy things in my bed and my 17' boat only weighs about 2,300 lbs including the trailer.

Same here , i towed my TT that weights 8000lbs wet and had a full box on a 2" Levek Kit on my 16 Sierra and it towed just fine ... never had any issues before i traded in for my TB 

On ‎2019‎-‎06‎-‎03 at 9:48 AM, mistermcgoo said:

So do I, up to 8,000lbs with my little levelled half ton. The reason I say that is by only putting the front kit in, you are taking the rake out of the truck, so you will be squatted and look overloaded with even the smallest loads. The rake is there with the rear blocks so the truck rides level with a payload (what they were designed for). Without the rear blocks, your front end is pointed at the sky, your rear end is sacked, and everyone high beams you at night. I say do the front kit only if your a looks guy that treats the truck more of a sports car than a truck, do the rear blocks also if you actually have to do truck stuff. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, L86 All Terrain said:

So do I, up to 8,000lbs with my little levelled half ton. The reason I say that is by only putting the front kit in, you are taking the rake out of the truck, so you will be squatted and look overloaded with even the smallest loads. The rake is there with the rear blocks so the truck rides level with a payload (what they were designed for). Without the rear blocks, your front end is pointed at the sky, your rear end is sacked, and everyone high beams you at night. I say do the front kit only if your a looks guy that treats the truck more of a sports car than a truck, do the rear blocks also if you actually have to do truck stuff. 

I am towing 2% of the time. I want the truck to look level the 98% of the time that I'm not!

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, L86 All Terrain said:

I have 2” in block in the rear..

On 2/21/2019 at 4:11 PM, Ben Berkenpas said:

So I have a 2019 trail boss lt crewcab coming with stock black 18's on 275/65/18's I believe. I plan on changing out wheels and tires but sticking with 18's. maybe a 33'' tire? anyways, when I click the link for the level kit and put my truck info in it says not compatible. did it say that for yours also?

Edited by jtl1985

16 minutes ago, jtl1985 said:

So I have a 2019 trail boss lt crewcab coming with stock black 18's on 275/65/18's I believe. I plan on changing out wheels and tires but sticking with 18's. maybe a 33'' tire? anyways, when I click the link for the level kit and put my truck info in it says not compatible. did it say that for yours also?

Correct. It says it's not compatible but it works great. Supposed to be a level coming out specifically for the Trailboss soon from a couple different manufacturers. I don't know exactly what those will consist of or how much they will cost. I installed the  motofab kit 6 months ago and have had absolutely no problems as have many people on the forum. Time will tell if we end up with premature wear on the front end parts but as of now it is the only fix for the factory rake. 

On 6/7/2019 at 4:43 PM, Ben Berkenpas said:

Correct. It says it's not compatible but it works great. Supposed to be a level coming out specifically for the Trailboss soon from a couple different manufacturers. I don't know exactly what those will consist of or how much they will cost. I installed the  motofab kit 6 months ago and have had absolutely no problems as have many people on the forum. Time will tell if we end up with premature wear on the front end parts but as of now it is the only fix for the factory rake. 

so I talked to a local truck accessory shop and they said there are multiple 2" leveling kits out. ready lift has one and I can get it installed for around 300. but its a 2". id prefer 1.5 by the way others make it sound. I do haul my ranger 620 boat in the summer and a 7x16 trailer with atv and ice fishing gear in the winter. I don't want my front to be pointed up to drastically. im debating what to do. I have not got my trail boss yet but will in the next few days. it is on a train right now.

so what does everyone run for tires with the leveling kit on a trail boss lt? I ordered the understrut kit and prefer to have a little bigger tire. keeping the 18's but do I go 33" or bigger without rubbing issues? I've always had to trim and I really don't want to this time, maybe just he mud flap if I have to.

13 hours ago, jtl1985 said:

so what does everyone run for tires with the leveling kit on a trail boss lt? I ordered the understrut kit and prefer to have a little bigger tire. keeping the 18's but do I go 33" or bigger without rubbing issues? I've always had to trim and I really don't want to this time, maybe just he mud flap if I have to.

295/70R18 should fit with no rubbing or trimming necessary. Its roughly a 34.3" x 12" depending on the brand of the tire.