leveling a trailboss

19 hours ago, eppieguy said:

I was able to get mine aligned back to factory specs 

I'm curious if many TB/AT4s were able to achieve factory alignment specs. No matter where the 2" is placed I don't see why it should matter. I'd prefer to not disassemble the strut. 

22 hours ago, eppieguy said:

I was able to get mine aligned back to factory specs 

That is good news! Although yours is a HC; I still lean towards the motofab 1.5" as you and many TB/AT4 owners have done so.  It may now have the rough country extra camber spacer but then again its half inch less therefore less stress on the cv angles. 

3 hours ago, ETMC said:

I'm curious if many TB/AT4s were able to achieve factory alignment specs. No matter where the 2" is placed I don't see why it should matter. I'd prefer to not disassemble the strut. 

Same here. The 1.5" is easier to install and should avoid having to change the blocks in the rear as well, as those with AT4/TB achieve a level appearance with the motofab 1.5......2 will probably give a nose high look and stretch the cv angles/ball joints more. 

• 3 weeks later...

Question for all of you who have installed the 1.5 motofab. I just bought one since motofab now has a TB/AT4 listed on the site. For installation did you need to take all of the steps on their video as far as disconnecting everything to get the space for install. I've seen some videos online where people have done it after getting the truck high enough in the air. Planning to install tonight and get my 35 12.50 18 Ridge Grapplers installed tomorrow, then alignment Saturday morning.

Question for all of you who have installed the 1.5 motofab. I just bought one since motofab now has a TB/AT4 listed on the site. For installation did you need to take all of the steps on their video as far as disconnecting everything to get the space for install. I've seen some videos online where people have done it after getting the truck high enough in the air. Planning to install tonight and get my 35 12.50 18 Ridge Grapplers installed tomorrow, then alignment Saturday morning.

I did all of the steps listed except loosing the top bolts and removing tie rod. Installation was ok....would’ve been easier talking the top bolts loose.

Had it done in about an hour and 15 min without using air tools.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ETMC said:

I did all of the steps except loosening the top of the struts on my Trail Boss.

• Thanks 1

Any of you have any concerns of premature wear on the ball joints? I purchased a 1.5 inch motofab for my truck but haven't put it on yet because of this concern.

Any of you have any concerns of premature wear on the ball joints? I purchased a 1.5 inch motofab for my truck but haven't put it on yet because of this concern.

3583160b43cbb4241525ddd8ee61a7cf.jpg

Here’s my alignment sheet from this morning. Hope it helps.
  • Like 1

Was going to install mine last night but it's arriving late. Tires just showed up though. Gonna go get them mounted. Hopefully it'll be in the mailbox this afternoon and I'll get it on tonight. So I can get my alignment in the am. 

528B45D2-1FA3-4873-96C9-59124E1DEF29.jpeg

• Like 1

Finished everything up. Had to make my appointment for the alignment next Friday due to shipment delays. 1.5 motofab & 35 12.50 18 Ridge Grapplers with 2" Bora spacers. 

CD5300A9-68E5-4486-8FA9-0DA005D4C340.jpeg

B14A6733-8643-4D5C-A0DB-A933D4ED4AB5.jpeg

• Like 3