leveling a trailboss

Finished everything up. Had to make my appointment for the alignment next Friday due to shipment delays. 1.5 motofab & 35 12.50 18 Ridge Grapplers with 2" Bora spacers. 
CD5300A9-68E5-4486-8FA9-0DA005D4C340.thumb.jpeg.e62559380c5bf36f0119e0695ac2921a.jpeg
B14A6733-8643-4D5C-A0DB-A933D4ED4AB5.thumb.jpeg.a04e0a5f12c7c93bb16075d2754ddeb7.jpeg
Any rubbing with this setup? I want something similar when the time comes. So over factory trucks you have the 2" TB lift and then the 1.5" moto for a total of 3.5", how are your cv angles? Any close up pics of suspension parts would be appreciated. Truck look great btw

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JR09country said:

Any rubbing with this setup? I want something similar when the time comes. So over factory trucks you have the 2" TB lift and then the 1.5" moto for a total of 3.5", how are your cv angles? Any close up pics of suspension parts would be appreciated. Truck look great btw

Thanks definitely loving this setup a lot! So, in front of the front wheels, nothing at all as far as rubbing goes. In the rear of the front wheels, I had some and I found the best way to eliminate it was to remove the bracket behind the fender liner and trim the mudflaps. As soon as I did that, full turn forward/reverse over curbs, etc and I've got plenty of room with no rub whatsoever. I'm doing some finishing sanding on the flaps to make them look factory. No crazy angles but next weekend after my alignment, I'll be checking all my torque values once more and I'll snap some pictures.

Edited by ETMC
Misspelling

Thanks definitely loving this setup a lot! So, in front of the front wheels, nothing at all as far as rubbing goes. In the rear of the front wheels, I had some and I found the best way to eliminate it was to remove the bracket behind the fender liner and trim the mudflaps. As soon as I did that, full turn forward/reverse over curbs, etc and I've got plenty of room with no rub whatsoever. I'm doing some finishing sanding on the flaps to make them look factory. No crazy angles but next weekend after my alignment, I'll be checking all my torque values once more and I'll snap some pictures.

Awesome. Thats not bad at all if all you had to do was remove the bracket and trim the flaps.

Zone has a 1.75" leveling kit. has anyone bought this kit? I'm thinking this is the lift i will go with.

http://zoneoffroad.com/1.75-Leveling-Kit-2019-Chevy-TrailBoss_and_Sierra-AT4/c1171

1.75" Leveling Kit

Here's some of the information.  

• 3-piece design with top mount spacer and 2 preload spacers to raise ride height without over-extending suspension during droop travel
  • Maintains ride quality and handling characteristics
  • Allows clearance for 33-34" tires
  • Includes Factory Protection Plus

Zone Offroad is now offering leveling kits specially designed for the 2019 Chevy Trail Boss and GMC AT4 trucks. Engineered to be more than just a "budget boost", these kits are designed to a higher standard to work within the parameters of the factory suspension and steering geometry to maximize its potential while allowing clearance for larger tires. As with all Zone Offroad lift kits, these new kits are backed by Factory Protection Plus for piece of mind wherever your adventures may take you. Factory Protection Plus includes Zone Offroad's Limited Lifetime Warranty, ESC system compliance and a 5-year 100,000-mile drivetrain warranty.

Important Notes!

• 1. Strut compressor required for installation.
  • 2. Will not fit Adaptive Ride Control (ARC) equipped models.
  • 3. Tires wider than 295/ cannot be installed on factory wheels due to clearance issues to the steering knuckles.
  • 4. Welding required to install optional LCA steering stops.
  • 5. Complete 1.75" leveling recommended for AT4, Trail Boss suspension not as raked for the factory so installing without thin preload spacer will net 1-3/8" lift for a level stance.

Hope this information helps. 

On 7/14/2019 at 5:58 PM, Sin City Trail Boss said:

If I remove the rear block on my TB, what do I replace it with to level it with the front?

Smaller block and U Bolts. A show here in town just told me they had another Trail boss do that and it leveled the truck. You'll need smaller U bolts

On 7/14/2019 at 7:10 AM, ETMC said:

Finished everything up. Had to make my appointment for the alignment next Friday due to shipment delays. 1.5 motofab & 35 12.50 18 Ridge Grapplers with 2" Bora spacers. 

CD5300A9-68E5-4486-8FA9-0DA005D4C340.jpeg

B14A6733-8643-4D5C-A0DB-A933D4ED4AB5.jpeg

When you have time, could you please take a couple pics from straight-on front and back? I'd like to see how far the tires stick out from the fenders. Also, in your estimation, do you think you could get by on 1" spacers?

• Like 1

3583160b43cbb4241525ddd8ee61a7cf.jpg

Here’s my alignment sheet from this morning. Hope it helps.
Please tell me what I'm looking at. This good or bad? I see green..

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 8:10 PM, jtl1985 said:

so what does everyone run for tires with the leveling kit on a trail boss lt? I ordered the understrut kit and prefer to have a little bigger tire. keeping the 18's but do I go 33" or bigger without rubbing issues? I've always had to trim and I really don't want to this time, maybe just he mud flap if I have to.

i run a 33x12.5 on 20s with my trailboss

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/15/2019 at 11:47 AM, Bizar said:

Zone has a 1.75" leveling kit. has anyone bought this kit? I'm thinking this is the lift i will go with.

http://zoneoffroad.com/1.75-Leveling-Kit-2019-Chevy-TrailBoss_and_Sierra-AT4/c1171

1.75" Leveling Kit

Here's some of the information.  

• 3-piece design with top mount spacer and 2 preload spacers to raise ride height without over-extending suspension during droop travel
  • Maintains ride quality and handling characteristics
  • Allows clearance for 33-34" tires
  • Includes Factory Protection Plus

Zone Offroad is now offering leveling kits specially designed for the 2019 Chevy Trail Boss and GMC AT4 trucks. Engineered to be more than just a "budget boost", these kits are designed to a higher standard to work within the parameters of the factory suspension and steering geometry to maximize its potential while allowing clearance for larger tires. As with all Zone Offroad lift kits, these new kits are backed by Factory Protection Plus for piece of mind wherever your adventures may take you. Factory Protection Plus includes Zone Offroad's Limited Lifetime Warranty, ESC system compliance and a 5-year 100,000-mile drivetrain warranty.

Important Notes!

• 1. Strut compressor required for installation.
  • 2. Will not fit Adaptive Ride Control (ARC) equipped models.
  • 3. Tires wider than 295/ cannot be installed on factory wheels due to clearance issues to the steering knuckles.
  • 4. Welding required to install optional LCA steering stops.
  • 5. Complete 1.75" leveling recommended for AT4, Trail Boss suspension not as raked for the factory so installing without thin preload spacer will net 1-3/8" lift for a level stance.

Hope this information helps. 

I am having this kit installed tomorrow with TOYO MT 295/70R18’s on factory wheels.

• Like 2