leveling a trailboss

I noticed in another thread the listed parts for the Trailboss’s lift don’t include arms or any steering parts. 

Basically it is a leveling lift. Probably means that putting a 2” level on top of it would have your arms WAY out of whack. 

1 hour ago, AJMBLAZER said:

I noticed in another thread the listed parts for the Trailboss’s lift don’t include arms or any steering parts. 

Basically it is a leveling lift. Probably means that putting a 2” level on top of it would have your arms WAY out of whack. 

the trailboss 2 lift is used thru another set of front shocks, you need to take apart the strut and install another, something how the bilistien 5100 adjustable shocks are. 

28 minutes ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

the trailboss 2 lift is used thru another set of front shocks, you need to take apart the strut and install another, something how the bilistien 5100 adjustable shocks are. 

Right...but that doesn’t do anything about the increased angles the ball joints and steering are operating at. 2” level is probably okay...4”...highly doubtful. 

19 hours ago, AJMBLAZER said:

None of the parts shown will fix the ball joint or steering angles. 

I agree after looking at the parts list.  This appears to be a leveling kit with more parts, but still just a level kit. Axle shafts, steering, and control arm angles are not addressed. I’d take a true lift kit over this package. With that said, this is better than nothing for those wanting a new truck with a slight lift while keeping their warranty. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, silveradonationfan15 said:

There is a few more components that isn't shown, such as bump stops front and rear..

42126763_10155713372690812_8958408525042679808_n.jpg

This Kit pictured is the Factory GM 2" kit that the Trail Boss and AT4 already come equipped with.

1 hour ago, cr250Silverado said:

I agree after looking at the parts list.  This appears to be a leveling kit with more parts, but still just a level kit. Axle shafts, steering, and control arm angles are not addressed. I’d take a true lift kit over this package. With that said, this is better than nothing for those wanting a new truck with a slight lift while keeping their warranty. 

It does actually have new CV axle shafts. Not sure if they are higher angle capable or something?