New owner here. Got a question

Hi guys. Brian from Crossville, TN. I picked up my new 2018 LT Z71 Crew, Black of course ;), and when the sales guy brought my keys and paper work, all of the books; owners manual, warranties etc, were in a zip-loc bag.

Is this normal? $50k truck and no sleeve or special envelope for manuals? This isn't the first modern, new vehicle I have purchased, but the first time for this.

I just wonder if the stealer is taking all of the fancy, embroidered owner's manual presentation bags out and selling them in their parts department. 

Great forum, thanks for the add! Can't wait to get on some of the <50 dollar mods! Like buying one of the manual bags from the stealer.

15411598158017410349268204225520.jpg

My zip lock bag was ripped. And they spared no expense to put a piece of scotch tape on it for me.

At least they threw in that little touch-up paint pen for me.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't think I got a bag...its all just piled in the glove box.

Never forget my parents got a 4 door Tahoe when they first came out (96,97?) and they came with a sweet essentials kind of bag with a Tahoe branded maglite- which I still have!

That’s because A’Holes steal them. Call GM customer relations and tell them you want the booklet either sent to you or GM will inform the dealership to give you a new booklet. Either way, the dealership is completely responsible for giving you a complete booklet. I’ve always gotten one in my new trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, tstodda said:

I don't think I got a bag...its all just piled in the glove box.

Never forget my parents got a 4 door Tahoe when they first came out (96,97?) and they came with a sweet essentials kind of bag with a Tahoe branded maglite- which I still have!

We got a nice Maglite when we purchased our 98 Suburban.  Not a bad light and we still have it.

2 hours ago, Zubadenzie said:

Hi guys. Brian from Crossville, TN. I picked up my new 2018 LT Z71 Crew, Black of course ;), and when the sales guy brought my keys and paper work, all of the books; owners manual, warranties etc, were in a zip-loc bag.

Is this normal? $50k truck and no sleeve or special envelope for manuals? This isn't the first modern, new vehicle I have purchased, but the first time for this.

I just wonder if the stealer is taking all of the fancy, embroidered owner's manual presentation bags out and selling them in their parts department. 

Great forum, thanks for the add! Can't wait to get on some of the <50 dollar mods! Like buying one of the manual bags from the stealer.

15411598158017410349268204225520.jpg

My dealer said only the Sierra Denali’s get a sleeve. I just got one off eBay for under $20 from a Denali. 

Edited by Blue5.3l

I could've cared less about a vinyl sleeve for my manual.  What I really wanted was for them to change out the grill on my W/T to at least a chrome one(painted preferably).  They gave me the run around and told me it wasn't possible.

My 2016 1500 Denali came with a sleeve with all materials inside. Looks like it was only a Denali thing though...you SLT/SLE guys aren't cool enough I guess ;-) Curious for the Chevy guys if the LTZ's came with a sleeve but LT's didn't. At the end of the day I honestly don't care if I have a sleeve, just to have the booklets was most important to me. Unfortunately, there are dealerships that are known for stripping out all the extras, selling them to a 3rd party, then trying to get you to buy the accessories when you purchase. When I bought my 2007 GMC Envoy Denali a decade ago, the photos for the listing showed high end floor mats with GMC stitching, a hose kit with different fittings for the built-in compressor in the back, and a nice pull cover for the back storage area to conceal golf clubs or whatever you wanted hidden. All valued around $400. When I test drove it all of that was gone. I called them on it and they were able to "find" everything a week later - claimed someone "accidentally" took it all out.