Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

4 hours ago, PabloK said:

Dude, you nailed it... very clean.

one of the best examples on here

i think I’m going to copy you...   you mentioned you wish they were wider... what size would you get or is it just fine as is?

Thanks. Not here to boast but just wanted to help others out. I couldn't find a whole lot of info/pics out there but what I did find on here helped in my decision. 

As far as width, I think a wider tire would look better, but I was afraid it would rub. I came from a 2016 2500HD (gas) that had 35x12.5r18 Firestone MTs (Gen 1) on stock rims and they would rub pretty bad at full lock. I had it leveled and CST UCAs on it. It would rub the UCAs and the sway bar at full lock pretty good. It had already wore the finish off both. It got kind of old. If you can live with it it's manageable but I just didn't want to deal with it on a brand new truck.  I think you could fit a true 35" tire on the Trail boss stock. I definitely have plenty of room in the rear. The front may get a bit tight due to turning, but I think it is do-able. I honestly don't know if or how much wider you could go and not rub. To me, it wasn't worth the risk. I tried to take different angles to paint the best picture to let others decide. 35x12.5 is the max you're going to get without a full blown lift IMHO. But tires vary so much from different styles, manufacturers, tread patterns, etc. Whereas one tire might fit that doesn't have an aggressive sidewall, one that does have an aggressive sidewall may rub. It's more of a plug-n-play.

All I can tell you for sure is this size & tire fits on a bone stock Trail Boss with no rub whatsoever. And bottom line you gotta make you happy. 

Thanks. Not here to boast but just wanted to help others out. I couldn't find a whole lot of info/pics out there but what I did find on here helped in my decision. 

As far as width, I think a wider tire would look better, but I was afraid it would rub. I came from a 2016 2500HD (gas) that had 35x12.5r18 Firestone MTs (Gen 1) on stock rims and they would rub pretty bad at full lock. I had it leveled and CST UCAs on it. It would rub the UCAs and the sway bar at full lock pretty good. It had already wore the finish off both. It got kind of old. If you can live with it it's manageable but I just didn't want to deal with it on a brand new truck.  I think you could fit a true 35" tire on the Trail boss stock. I definitely have plenty of room in the rear. The front may get a bit tight due to turning, but I think it is do-able. I honestly don't know if or how much wider you could go and not rub. To me, it wasn't worth the risk. I tried to take different angles to paint the best picture to let others decide. 35x12.5 is the max you're going to get without a full blown lift IMHO. But tires vary so much from different styles, manufacturers, tread patterns, etc. Whereas one tire might fit that doesn't have an aggressive sidewall, one that does have an aggressive sidewall may rub. It's more of a plug-n-play.

All I can tell you for sure is this size & tire fits on a bone stock Trail Boss with no rub whatsoever. And bottom line you gotta make you happy. 

Great info!!! I agree with your take.... not a huge desire to risk it with fitment... by the time we replace them... there will be more info on what these trucks can take without rubbing and such...

The toyos have a real nice look as well.. with the black wheels and some nice tire shine it just looks very clean and understated. Less is more.

Sorry if you already stated this, do you have a leveling kit?

Good man. Thanks for posting this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nope. no leveling kit or anything. all i have added is the tires and CamLocker tool box

How do you like the ride? Nice and soft? Any major negatives?

Appreciate the help!

I love the ride. Coming from a 2500HD it's like riding in a Cadillac. I only have 200 miles so I can't really speak extensively on it. It's definitely not a soft ride but it's not harsh like a 3/4 ton truck. I like the firmness of the ride but it doesn't jar you like I was used to in the 2500HD.

• Like 1

I love the ride. Coming from a 2500HD it's like riding in a Cadillac. I only have 200 miles so I can't really speak extensively on it. It's definitely not a soft ride but it's not harsh like a 3/4 ton truck. I like the firmness of the ride but it doesn't jar you like I was used to in the 2500HD.

Buddy has a ram 2500 megacab.... 80 psi In tires.... It was almost unbearable....

I was blown away how nice the rig I test drove at the dealer was... very composed and just buttery soft

I also felt like I was in a Mercedes S class... these trucks have really come a long ways in the last 10 years....

Can’t wait to get one.. already ordering parts
Like a wild man.. love to research parts to improve
And make something one of a kind, dialing it in to make it the best Rig as possible:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2019 at 8:37 PM, pappavol said:

Over all I’m happy with it. No rubbing, I really don’t think bigger would fit. 295/70/18 

905D202A-6BCC-46AD-85D8-3D2C30B90043.jpeg

Looks nice.  Can you describe the ride difference and any other differences from the OE druatracs.  Thanks.

I haven’t really noticed a difference in the ride. The tires are so much better than the Duratrac, The truck just feels more planted if that makes since and much quieter. I did see a slight drop in MPGs I think the ridge Grapplers are about 8#s heavier per tire.  

Just installed 325/65/18 on stock rim with 1/4 spacers all around. 

Side note: 

Front tires did not clear the control arm with this tires (nitto ridge grappler) aka bumpy walls   . So installed the spacers.

0F10B431-8E63-425B-9BAA-1D78952D22A3.jpeg

Edited by TrailDemon
  • Like 2

On 6/7/2019 at 12:41 PM, TrailDemon said:

325/65/18 with 1/4 spacers all around. Front tires did not clear the control arm with this tires (nitto ridge grappler) aka bumpy walls lol.

0F10B431-8E63-425B-9BAA-1D78952D22A3.jpeg

They fit after the 1/4” spacer or still no. And do you have any leveling kit? 

Edited by BPVTB