In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

I have not measured the clearance - but there was no issue on clearnce with stock calipers when they went on - I had 8,650 miles on them and no issues when they came off last night.

Last night I traded my 2019 for a 2020 - to get  trailer tow mirrors and transparent trailer camera set up.  Otherwise exact same truck.  I took the methods off yesterday and am having them put on the 2020 today (tire swap with stock wheels).  I will look when they go on this morning and see if I can get an idea of clearances.  

One thing I noted when the stock wheels went back on last night with the Ready Lift SST kit is, the clearnace of the RL UCA was very close - that 0.312" of added offset over stock wheels really makes a difference!   the last photo with the tape measure is with the Methods, other two are with stock wheels. 

IMG_9274.JPG

IMG_9281.JPG

UCA GAP 3.JPG

Edited by Supercup
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RadoPhan said:

So now I’m thinking about getting Methods instead but apparently the 312s won’t clear the brake calipers in 18x9 18mm offset. You said yours was 18mm offset too so just wondering how close the brake calipers are and what spoke area gets close. I have the measurements from Methods for the gap with the spokes at certain distances.

Ok - I just had the wheels put on the 2020 - stock suspension (no ready lift sst lift and UCA's like my 2019).   Here are 4 photos of clearance of method wheels.  I will follow with post of label from wheel box for exact wheel information.  As you can see there is plenty of clearance of the front caliper to the outer edge.  The third photo shows a close up of the "buldge" in the brake caliper which does clear the spokes - but it is tight.  I was surprised at how close - maybe 2 mm - 3mm of clearance - rotated the wheel - no scraping - so as Weld says it clears and works - this is probably the absolute minimum spacing I would be comfortable with.  In the fourth picture it is a little hard to see, but you can see the hub and how the wheel "cone's in to attache to the hub to create clearance.  Hope this helps you.

IMG_9286.JPG

IMG_9287.JPG

IMG_9289.JPG

IMG_9290.JPG

Edited by Supercup
  • Like 1

Ok - I just had the wheels put on the 2020 - stock suspension (no ready lift sst lift and UCA's like my 2019).   Here are 4 photos of clearance of method wheels.  I will follow with post of label from wheel box for exact wheel information.  As you can see there is plenty of clearance of the front caliper to the outer edge.  The third photo shows a close up of the "buldge" in the brake caliper which does clear the spokes - but it is tight.  I was surprised at how close - maybe 2 mm - 3mm of clearance - rotated the wheel - no scraping - so as Weld says it clears and works - this is probably the absolute minimum spacing I would be comfortable with.  In the fourth picture it is a little hard to see, but you can see the hub and how the wheel "cone's in to attache to the hub to create clearance.  Hope this helps you.

IMG_9286.thumb.JPG.71e29074f9461ef0465e970869750c81.JPG
IMG_9287.thumb.JPG.8430c5af5a377d5f41e0da9ffbae4475.JPG
IMG_9289.thumb.JPG.0ce3bc5990c8c952cab32e629a393505.JPG
IMG_9290.thumb.JPG.e4b4d03b70907a5315433db4a3dc8a91.JPG

This helps out a lot!! I was curious where it gets close since Method said they won’t fit but I was going to try with a 6mm spacer so I think it might work. Here’s the measurements from Method but just not sure where they are measuring the spokes at. The top is your wheels and the bottom is the 312s

521482607939330f4b8e730bcd4fbc58.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think with a 6mm spacer it would clear, based on above it would appear with 6mm you would achieve similar clearance to what I have.   I don't see any other area that is an issue - just clearing the buldge in the brake caliper up front.  

Hope it works out for you.  

Edited by Supercup

I would think with a 6mm spacer it would clear, based on above it would appear with 6mm you would achieve similar clearance to what I have.   I don't see any other area that is an issue - just clearing the buldge in the brake caliper up front.  

Thanks again for the help! Seems like the spacer will add enough to clear the caliper. Now the next challenge is if it’ll clear the RL UCA with 295 tires on these rims. I’ll have to do a trial and error and might have to go to Motofab 1” and risk the stock UCA if it doesn’t

2 hours ago, Supercup said:

Thanks for sharing this info. 

I want to also add that one of the bigger contributing factors in the wheel to caliper clearance has to do with the X-Factor of the wheel design.

As an example you're running an 18x9 with a +18 offset and have 2 to 3 mm in clearance between your wheel and brake. However if you have a wheel with a different design as an example a wheel with a flat face and no lip (like the stock wheels) that distance will increase substantially.   

With that said, while the offset is an indicator to always be considered the X-Factor of the wheel is equally as if not more important.

None the less I appreciate seeing feedback like yours as I'm constantly updating our database and this insight is solid. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update and thanks again for all of help and advice which made me go this route instead. I didn’t take into factor of the size of the mounting base pad as well so the Method 312s were too risky to try. I was able to get the Method 309 18x9 0 offset to fit with no spacers so I feel good about it since this will for sure clear the ReadyLift UCA once that is installed. Here’s some pics now without the ReadyLift SST installed yet. Had to take out the front mud flaps for now since they were rubbing really bad. But will probably put them back once the leveling kit is installed.

f1698ddf000720815c7418ea5bfa6fff.jpg
d973eab7dbcb0acd41a4af11a85c9b07.jpg

• 2 months later...
On 9/18/2020 at 4:56 PM, RadoPhan said:

Just an update and thanks again for all of help and advice which made me go this route instead. I didn’t take into factor of the size of the mounting base pad as well so the Method 312s were too risky to try. I was able to get the Method 309 18x9 0 offset to fit with no spacers so I feel good about it since this will for sure clear the ReadyLift UCA once that is installed. Here’s some pics now without the ReadyLift SST installed yet. Had to take out the front mud flaps for now since they were rubbing really bad. But will probably put them back once the leveling kit is installed.

f1698ddf000720815c7418ea5bfa6fff.jpg
d973eab7dbcb0acd41a4af11a85c9b07.jpg

Looks good!! Are those 35's?

Im eyeing the same wheels and clueless on offset, would 18 offset still clear the calipers or would it make it worse?

Thanks!

Looks good!! Are those 35's?

Im eyeing the same wheels and clueless on offset, would 18 offset still clear the calipers or would it make it worse?

Thanks!

Thanks! They are 295/70/R18 so close to a 35” but slightly narrower. The rims will be perfectly fine with 18 offset and fits but I’m not sure if you’ll rub without a lift. With the 18 offset, you can’t fit aftermarket upper control arms which I would recommend getting if you lift your front end even just a little.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Z71TrailBoss said:

Just picked up my 2021 Trail Boss LT. I have the 1.5” RC Leveling kit ordered and a set of 35X12.5R18 KO2’s. Hope it all works out. Fingers crossed. 

It will work without the level stock

tb 35s cleaned up post.jpg