Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

8 minutes ago, Jp sierra said:

I actually went totally against my better judgment and the judgment of some members of this forum and had a 1.5 RC level added to my 2020 trailboss... it’s only been a couple

of weeks and no issues feels stock... but we will see...

In general, I hate on RC as a company, but their levels are fine. At the end of the day the level is just a solid chunk of metal. Pretty hard to mess that up. But their bigger lifts are godawful quality. We stopped selling/installing RC lifts in my shops because so many people end up with major problems and blame it on the shop. With lifts, cheaper is not better. You’ll be fine with their level though 

21 minutes ago, Alex Kemple said:

In general, I hate on RC as a company, but their levels are fine. At the end of the day the level is just a solid chunk of metal. Pretty hard to mess that up. But their bigger lifts are godawful quality. We stopped selling/installing RC lifts in my shops because so many people end up with major problems and blame it on the shop. With lifts, cheaper is not better. You’ll be fine with their level though 

Truth be told , I’ve had some  properly lifted trucks in the past , I just didn’t want to “have” to fully lift my new truck  to fit some bigger tires. I’ll replace the uppers soon .. that ready lifts 1.75 does replace the uppers but doesn’t address

the cv axles .... so the 1.5 works 

23 hours ago, Jp sierra said:

I actually went totally against my better judgment and the judgment of some members of this forum and had a 1.5 RC level added to my 2020 trailboss... it’s only been a couple

of weeks and no issues feels stock... but we will see...don’t get me wrong the angles are not bad ... the ready lift 1-75 sounds great and most likely is due to the upper control arms, but higher lift and doesn’t address the cv axles ... so 1.5 is ok ... almost wish it was. 1.25 inch 

674EC8FC-33C5-4B5E-953D-BA3C1EF21B3D.jpeg

78566461-3016-4D29-A041-5D32D116BFF3.jpeg

23 hours ago, Jp sierra said:

of weeks and no issues feels stock... but we will see...don’t get me wrong the angles are not bad ... the ready lift 1-75 sounds great and most likely is due to the upper control arms, but higher lift and doesn’t address the cv axles ... so 1.5 is ok ... almost wish it was. 1.25 inch 

674EC8FC-33C5-4B5E-953D-BA3C1EF21B3D.jpeg

Edited by Jp sierra

What size level is that .. your ball joint angles look fine ..

1.5” motofab level. With the GM “lift” that this the AT4/TB come with my ball joints were completely flat. After the 1.5” lower spacer they moved a bit still look good. The cv angles also were flat before and look decent after level. The 2” from ready lift does correct the control arms with new replacement but pushes the cv angles even more. So I plan to replace the UCA in the future perhaps but maintain my 1.5” level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking into purchasing a 2020 Trail Boss in the next few weeks.  I want to run a 325x50x22 and am hoping a 2" level in the front will do the trick.  I don't mind trimming, but this is a big deal for me as the whole reason I'm going with the Trail Boss rather than an RST.

So I’ve been following this thread for quite some time (I have had my 20 TB since about March) and I’ve also had a RC 1.5 level kit sitting in my garage for the past 3 months (I haven’t been able to decide what I want to do with the truck!). Anyway, I really want to put the level kit on and slap some 35x12.5r18 on the stock wheels and call it a day. From what I’ve seen here, it will work with minimal, if any, rubbing. My problem is two 4x4 shops in my area that are pretty reputable both have told me 1) the rough country level without UCAs is a bad idea and 2) no way it fits 35x12.5’s.  Has anyone, other than the two that I did notice who posted semi-horror stories in this thread, had any issues with the RC level or any of the others that don’t come with UCAs?  Also, forgive my ignorance, but do new UCAs NOT fix the cv angle? I thought that was the point of them??  Really appreciate any feedback!

• Like 1

Anyone running 295/70R18 Goodyear Duratracs on stock Trail Boss (no leveling)?  I know others seems to have luck with that size, but wanted to see if anyone specifically tried the Duratracs? 

The duratracs are narrower at 11.8” than my cooper evolution MT at 12” however they are slightly taller at 34.3” vs 34.25” not a big difference but without a level they may rub. Although as you mentioned there has been members running this size with no trouble and no level as you wish. You have the trailboss which I believe has more space. You could have discount tire test fit them if you have one near. Or if you decide to order them, well worse case scenario you slap in a level perhaps just a 1” to help with the clearance.

So I’ve been following this thread for quite some time (I have had my 20 TB since about March) and I’ve also had a RC 1.5 level kit sitting in my garage for the past 3 months (I haven’t been able to decide what I want to do with the truck!). Anyway, I really want to put the level kit on and slap some 35x12.5r18 on the stock wheels and call it a day. From what I’ve seen here, it will work with minimal, if any, rubbing. My problem is two 4x4 shops in my area that are pretty reputable both have told me 1) the rough country level without UCAs is a bad idea and 2) no way it fits 35x12.5’s.  Has anyone, other than the two that I did notice who posted semi-horror stories in this thread, had any issues with the RC level or any of the others that don’t come with UCAs?  Also, forgive my ignorance, but do new UCAs NOT fix the cv angle? I thought that was the point of them??  Really appreciate any feedback!

The upper control arms only fix the upper ball joint angles but the cv angles are not addressed at all. That’s why I kept my 1.5” motofab level and plan to simply upgrade my control arms. The 2” kits do come with control arms already but they also push those cv angles another half inch and I like how my angles currently look. Now 35x12.5r18 are pretty wide depending on the brand...so they may hit on the upper ball joint which could be fixed with some wheel spacers. My 12” wide tires are about 3/8” away from the ball joint. They 35s are typically 34.5” tall so you would probably rub on the fender liners or mud guards. My 34.25” tall tires have about a 1/2” on each side at full lock. I guess what I am trying to say is go look on tiresize.com or the manufactures website for the actual specs so you can see what are it’s true dimensions.

29 minutes ago, asalinasz39 said:

The upper control arms only fix the upper ball joint angles but the cv angles are not addressed at all. That’s why I kept my 1.5” motofab level and plan to simply upgrade my control arms. The 2” kits do come with control arms already but they also push those cv angles another half inch and I like how my angles currently look. Now 35x12.5r18 are pretty wide depending on the brand...so they may hit on the upper ball joint which could be fixed with some wheel spacers. My 12” wide tires are about 3/8” away from the ball joint. They 35s are typically 34.5” tall so you would probably rub on the fender liners or mud guards. My 34.25” tall tires have about a 1/2” on each side at full lock. I guess what I am trying to say is go look on tiresize.com or the manufactures website for the actual specs so you can see what are it’s true dimensions.

Definitely look at the manufacturer specs , but know the tire will generally be a tad shorter and wider once it’s on your truck. 

Your math is correct - spacing measure in the photo is with Method NV 18" x 9" which are 18mm offset -  the stock wheels are 26mm offset  - so the Method wheels are giving me 6mm or 0.312" of added clearance (moving the wheel center away from the UCA).  Backspacing is 5.75"   

Stock Wheel spec
275/65R18 113Q 8.5Jx18 ET26 6x139.7

Method Link: https://www.methodracewheels.com/products/nv-black?variant=349582491  - Part number MR 305 890605 18 - drop down menu of choices 

Link wheel offset: https://www.lesschwab.com/article/what-is-wheel-offset.html

So now I’m thinking about getting Methods instead but apparently the 312s won’t clear the brake calipers in 18x9 18mm offset. You said yours was 18mm offset too so just wondering how close the brake calipers are and what spoke area gets close. I have the measurements from Methods for the gap with the spokes at certain distances.