Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

52 minutes ago, RadoPhan said:

Thanks for the feedback! I’m already running 295/70R18 on stock rims and stock lift and no rubbing whatsoever. But now I want a leveled look and there’s some feedback on RL site saying that they don’t recommend going over 11” wide tires on the Trailboss stock wheels due to offset but then others said they have cleared it. I want to use the RL SST 1.75” kit with their UCAs.

From my understanding, the 18" AT4 and TB wheels have the same specs. I could be wrong so please double check. Can't find the link another user had posted for all the stock wheel specs.

Here is a shot of the clearance between the tire and UCA with the 285/75/18 Ridge Grapplers.

It looks a little worse than it really is, somewhere around 1/2" clearance with the tires straight. 

IMG_3572.thumb.JPG.b87915d3189f7c0c8d835550f13a22e2.JPG

Edited by BetaX

From my understanding, the 18" AT4 and TB wheels have the same specs.

Here is a shot of the clearance between the tire and UCA with the 285/75/18 Ridge Grapplers.
It looks a little worse than it really is, somewhere around 1/2" clearance with the tires straight. 

Thanks! My tires are about .5” wider so technically .25” closer to the UCA is what I’m imagining. Wondering how close it gets with the turning radius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering if I could fit 35x12.5 R18 tires (stock rims) on my trail boss if I install the 1.5” leveling kit from rough country.

Edited by LINK

15 minutes ago, LINK said:

I was wondering if I could fit 35x12.5 R18 tires (stock rims) on my trail boss if I install the 1.5” leveling kit from rough country.

Not that I’m aware of. You’ll need at least a 2” kit on the TB, and likely will still have to do considerable trimming to make a 12.5” w fit with the stock rims. If you only do a level, the tire’s going to hit the UCA. You might be able to stuff a 35x11 on a 2” level but I’d still be concerned with UCA clearance on the stock arms

From my understanding, the 18" AT4 and TB wheels have the same specs. I could be wrong so please double check. Can't find the link another user had posted for all the stock wheel specs.

Forgot to ask, do the tires hit the UCA at full droop?

14 hours ago, Alex Kemple said:

Not that I’m aware of. You’ll need at least a 2” kit on the TB, and likely will still have to do considerable trimming to make a 12.5” w fit with the stock rims. If you only do a level, the tire’s going to hit the UCA. You might be able to stuff a 35x11 on a 2” level but I’d still be concerned with UCA clearance on the stock arms

I'm running 35x11.5 Nitto RG on a stock AT4 with stock 20-inch rims and have no rub.  Had a minor rub in front of drivers side when at right full lock and backing but was easy to remedy by zip-tieing the front liner bracket to the bumper bracket.  There's maybe 3/8" between the tire and UCA so I agree that there is no way a 12.5 would fit with stock rims.

34 minutes ago, J2Jones said:

I'm running 35x11.5 Nitto RG on a stock AT4 with stock 20-inch rims and have no rub.  Had a minor rub in front of drivers side when at right full lock and backing but was easy to remedy by zip-tieing the front liner bracket to the bumper bracket.  There's maybe 3/8" between the tire and UCA so I agree that there is no way a 12.5 would fit with stock rims.

The height of the tire isn’t the problem really. It’s that extra inch of width from a 35x11.50 to a 35x12.50. It’s going to hit your UCA and rub elsewhere without a lift kit

11 hours ago, RadoPhan said:

Forgot to ask, do the tires hit the UCA at full droop?

You want me to go off pavement ?

Honestly haven't checked yet. Next time I go out into COVID world, I'll see if I can find a spot to check.

Most "off-roading" I do is the dirt/gravel roads to get to the trail head to ride our dirt bikes so not a ton of articulation this truck will see. 

@Alex Kemple Have your guys checked when the truck is on the lift for clearance in the past? 

You want me to go off pavement [emoji33]

Honestly haven't checked yet. Next time I go out into COVID world, I'll see if I can find a spot to check.
Most "off-roading" I do is the dirt/gravel roads to get to the trail head to ride our dirt bikes so not a ton of articulation this truck will see. 

[mention=225001]Alex Kemple[/mention] Have your guys checked when the truck is on the lift for clearance in the past? 

Lol yeah I need you to go ASAP!

Actually you can also just jack up the front and let the wheels droop too and see if they contact. I’m just curious to see how close everyone is getting. With my current setup it’s really close. About 1/4”-1/2” from tire to UCA. I’m wondering if the RL lift with UCAs would make it worse and if a 1/4” wheel spacer would help.

15 minutes ago, BetaX said:

You want me to go off pavement ?

@Alex Kemple Have your guys checked when the truck is on the lift for clearance in the past? 

Hmm, that’s actually a decent question. I have not heard my techs say anything about clearance issues at full droop but I’ll ask them when I’m up there tomorrow. I’d actually be more concerned about the clearance with the springs fully compressed, I’m sure it is going to rub your fender wells if you really stuff that tire up there. Worst case we can always check the droop whenever you come  back to get everything torqued ?

17 minutes ago, RadoPhan said:

Lol yeah I need you to go ASAP!

Actually you can also just jack up the front and let the wheels droop too and see if they contact. I’m just curious to see how close everyone is getting. With my current setup it’s really close. About 1/4”-1/2” from tire to UCA. I’m wondering if the RL lift with UCAs would make it worse and if a 1/4” wheel spacer would help.

The RL arms have plenty of clearance at full droop on my Silverado. Granted, I only have 33x11 tires on my truck currently. I’m sure I’m going to have to find a fix once I put the Fox 2.0 coil overs and 35x11.50 tires on the truck

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alex Kemple said:

The RL arms have plenty of clearance at full droop on my Silverado. Granted, I only have 33x11 tires on my truck currently. I’m sure I’m going to have to find a fix once I put the Fox 2.0 coil overs and 35x11.50 tires on the truck

Note, the Ready Lift upper control arms provide LESS clearance than the OEM upper arms.  There's a couple posts on here depicting the loss of clearance with pictures and measurements.

Note, the Ready Lift upper control arms provide LESS clearance than the OEM upper arms.  There's a couple posts on here depicting the loss of clearance with pictures and measurements.

Can you point me in the right direction on these measurements?

Here’s my clearance now on 295/70R18 on stock TB rims with stock lift. It’s pretty tight. About 1/4” - 1/2” but hard to tell from pics.

041e373f40ed6b25e929dd38f13a210f.jpg
34d1460a8c964c1b40c77d6ee941b52d.jpg
5031c0e4e7344587db92bf9f8743594c.jpg
aa31d4f118f6cd187a144e1291264a14.jpg

• Like 1

RadoPhan, as requested.  Note my truck is an AT4 with the Rough Country 2" leveling kit.  The other guy in the linked thread below is also running a leveling kit WITH the RL upper arms.  It should be apples-to apples comparison between our trucks.  FWIW, just physically eyeballing/looking at the OEM vs RL upper arms side -by-side show the OEM arms offer more clearance.  FWIW, I read this same info on a number of different forums.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2020 at 8:11 PM, LINK said:

Yes, probably depends on the tire but 35x12.50r18 Patriot M/Ts fit on mine with only the 1.5 RC level. 

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

Edited by sfakeith
  • Like 2