Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

On a stock Trail Boss, no level and stock rims would a LT295/70r18 fit with no rub? If so which tires have been tested?

Mastercraft or Evolution MT have the same specs 34.25x12...scroll to the first pages and you will find some pic I posted for a member from here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Installed the Motofab 1" lower mount level over the weekend.  Unfortunately it did not improve the rub on the passenger side tire.  I suppose i could live with the rub or remove the mounting bracket, but I've decided to drop back down to a 275/70r18.  The 295s would work on the hwy, but allow very little room for any aft travel and I'm concerned with any potential issues once i get the wheel wells caked in mud and ice.  I cant really see how folks are fitting 35s or anything wider than 11.5 on stock AT4s without rubbing - but i suppose all trucks may be a little different.  

Checked out your tire specs and they come out to 34.29x11.77...I am quite astonished that they are rubbing as they are narrower than the mastercrafts. Have you had the truck aligned?

I haven't tried or thought about a wheel spacer.  I am not sure it would help or not.  My guess is not as it would likley just move the rub over to the mudflap more.  Ultimately, after installing the level and alignment, the passenger tire still rubbed.  I went ahead and swapped out the 295/70r18 Nittos for 275/70r18 Cooper AT3s.  I think the G2s looked better, but no fitment issues with the AT3s and I think they are a little quieter.  The warranty and specs were a little better on the Coopers hence the change in brands.  I've had the AT3s on past trucks and they seem to be a pretty good tire - so I'm trying to convince myself it was the right move!  I had a weekend fishing trip and the return period on the G2s was getting close, so I needed to make a change or live with the rub.  Still very odd to me that some trucks seem to fit 34"s or even 35"s while others do not.  Looking at some of the specs for level kits on up to 2" - they only recommend 33" tires.  

Just had these 35x12.5R18 BFGoodrich KO2's put on yesterday. Trailboss with 1" level, no rubbing. They may have fit without the level, but I didn't like the rake. 

The manager at the 4 wheel shop looked at the truck and said there was no way they'd fit. I insisted that they mount one up and test it, they fit perfectly. I may have to adjust the wheel well liner a little, will have to see how close the tire gets once I flex it offroad. I'll take some better pictures when I get a chance. The pics make it look like the front is higher than the back, it's not, ground wasn't level. 

No more listening to the song of the Duratracs! [emoji3] 
5c9d9b4b9c97a_20190327_192628-Copy.thumb.jpg.d6e173895533407669c1cd74f7b39556.jpg
5c9d9b54e5ae3_20190327_192831-Copy.thumb.jpg.5845c4eb0bba987944ae70a3525c1279.jpg
5c9d9b5b65d42_20190327_192920-Copy.thumb.jpg.8d839fc36b5de4f1af66cfc924dbbacf.jpg

Wondering if you ever got any rub with this setup with articulations while turning.

Another picture from today. Im betting they will fit on the AT4, im putting the 1.5” motofab level this weekend. 
2F464AC6-D986-45E3-8096-A840164FF5BB.thumb.jpeg.9d9a97d279feb443b8accbebceef3fbe.jpeg

Any updated straight side pics with the level kit on?

• 3 weeks later...

For all you guys in here with levels without new UCA’s. I’d be careful, 10,000km later (6000miles) the front end took a beating. 

The ball joint completely separated, dropped the UCA on my tire and wrecked the CV axle. The left side needed a ball joint replacement as well. $2500 later it’s fixed and back at factory height. Looks like a car again (Use to have 34” Toyo MT’s with the level). Time for some 275 or 285/65 Ridge grapplers and I’m calling it a day unfortunately. 

C3C1FE23-E401-4EB4-B9AE-8712599D15A3.jpeg

For all you guys in here with levels without new UCA’s. I’d be careful, 10,000km later (6000miles) the front end took a beating. 

The ball joint completely separated, dropped the UCA on my tire and wrecked the CV axle. The left side needed a ball joint replacement as well. $2500 later it’s fixed and back at factory height. Looks like a car again (Use to have 34” Toyo MT’s with the level). Time for some 275 or 285/65 Ridge grapplers and I’m calling it a day unfortunately. 
C3C1FE23-E401-4EB4-B9AE-8712599D15A3.thumb.jpeg.7855eb4db66924316c525739cf9b02cf.jpeg

What type of kit did you have on there?

25 minutes ago, RadoPhan said:

What type of kit did you have on there?

The 2” rough country, the dealer wanted to install a different level that goes under the strut but they wouldn’t warranty it either. I called rough country and they weren’t any help, I even contacted them before I bought the kit asking if it would hurt the geometry and they said no. All the levels are the same, they just go in different spots. Unless you fix it with the new UCA’s that correct the binding. 

The 2” rough country, the dealer wanted to install a different level that goes under the strut but they wouldn’t warranty it either. I called rough country and they weren’t any help, I even contacted them before I bought the kit asking if it would hurt the geometry and they said no. All the levels are the same, they just go in different spots. Unless you fix it with the new UCA’s that correct the binding. 

Sorry to hear that. I thought they only had a lift for AT4/TB at 1.5”? From what I’ve seen, 1”-1.5” was the max for our trucks. I was planning on a 1”. But what’s weird is their site says it works for the TB but not AT4s

e55ac04cb34db6bd357261a6495b8b2f.jpg

11 hours ago, RadoPhan said:

Sorry to hear that. I thought they only had a lift for AT4/TB at 1.5”? From what I’ve seen, 1”-1.5” was the max for our trucks. I was planning on a 1”. But what’s weird is their site says it works for the TB but not AT4s

e55ac04cb34db6bd357261a6495b8b2f.jpg

They also make a kit that's strictly for the AT4 models (#1318).  I see that ready lift doesn't sell the spacers anymore without the upgraded control arms, probably because of all the failures.  You'd think a 1" would be safe but it's hard to say.  I even jacked my truck up a month ago to check the ball joints and I couldn't find any play. 

They also make a kit that's strictly for the AT4 models (#1318).  I see that ready lift doesn't sell the spacers anymore without the upgraded control arms, probably because of all the failures.  You'd think a 1" would be safe but it's hard to say.  I even jacked my truck up a month ago to check the ball joints and I couldn't find any play. 

Gotcha. This is why I’ve always try to stay away from spacer lifts. I came from a Tacoma with Kings and billet UCAs and was always against spacer lifts. But with this truck I didn’t want too much of a lift and wasn’t planning to offroad it like I did on my last truck so that’s why I was thinking a 1” spacer wouldn’t be the end of the world.

does anyone have an AT4 with 2" level kit and 35" tires that can tell me the height of the truck from the ground to the top of the mounted antenna on the roof?  trying to get an exact measurement to know if i will be able to park this inside of parking garages...

21 hours ago, 19AT4 said:

C3C1FE23-E401-4EB4-B9AE-8712599D15A3.jpeg

The same thing happened to me. I have a 19 trail boss and installed the Moto fab 1.5” front lift. The ball joint on the right front upper control arm broke after about 15,000 miles. I replaced it and kept the lift on and about a month later the left side ball joint broke. So I removed the moto fab lift. Good thing both times it broke I was going slow I would hate to have it happen on the road.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:35 AM, mattsvtcobra said:

I still keep coming back to this bad boy! Any issues since you have driven the truck for a while now? I was looking at doing the front level that came out a few months ago that has a new UCA instead of the RC spacers. Any thoughts?

Did Rough Country do anything different with this 2 in level? I have read some things about possibly needing new UCA's with is but I keto reading mixed reviews. which level are you talking about with new UCA?

On 8/17/2019 at 2:02 PM, Mark Vyskocil said:

No guts no glory. I went ahead and did the Rough Country 1318 2in level. It was anything but level. It had had the front up an inch higher than the rear. So out go the factory AT4 blocks and in come 3in ones. Sits dead level now. Went with 35x12.50x20 Nitto Trail Grapplers. Was a little nervous since they measure and true 35in and 13.39 wide. A 1/4 spacer was needed on the front since the width of tire was causing a light rub on the upper control arms. Removed the mud flap bracket, trimmed the mudflap, and pushed and pulled the liner out of the way. No rubs, lock to lock now.

owe4RqHdTUOz3ka%+Xr4Sg.jpg

How's this driving? just got 2020 AT4 and looking to do this exact setup.