Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2020 at 4:02 PM, Cmillerjr said:

No spacer, just the 1.5” motofab leveling kit. No rubbing at all, even at full lock. 

I'm new to the Trail Boss ownership group, just picked my 2020 up today! I've been reading about many people using the MotoFab 1.5" leveling kit on the front. I do want to raise the front and this kit looks easy enough. Question I have is when I check out their website, it only lists a 1" lift, specific to the Trail Boss. Is everyone just using the Standard Silverado 1.5" kit?

21 minutes ago, PATrailBoss said:

I'm new to the Trail Boss ownership group, just picked my 2020 up today! I've been reading about many people using the MotoFab 1.5" leveling kit on the front. I do want to raise the front and this kit looks easy enough. Question I have is when I check out their website, it only lists a 1" lift, specific to the Trail Boss. Is everyone just using the Standard Silverado 1.5" kit?

I bought mine early on, there were no kits specifically for the Trail Boss. So yeah it’s just the standard kit. I’ve had it installed for over 10k miles, no issues. 

3 minutes ago, Cmillerjr said:

I bought mine early on, there were no kits specifically for the Trail Boss. So yeah it’s just the standard kit. I’ve had it installed for over 10k miles, no issues. 

Awesome, thank you for the info!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 12:56 AM, michael betz said:

I love it.  I think this is what I will be buying. I really like your running boards also. What brand are they? 

I tried to search on your page and this page but cant seem to find it... what exact is your set up? i saw something about you running 2" spacers on another post .

On 4/30/2020 at 6:18 PM, PATrailBoss said:

I was just looking on the Motofab website and noticed the same thing. Has anyone here had any experience with the TB/AT4 specific 1-inch kit? I wonder if it is modified or different in any way from the other kit.

Edited by EricTheRed

I was just looking on the Motofab website and noticed the same thing. Has anyone here had any experience with the TB/AT4 specific 1-inch kit? I wonder if it is modified or different in any way from the other kit.

That’s correct...just go on ebay and look for silverado/sierra 1500 1.5” leveling kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i put the motofab 1" spacer on my trail boss last thursday. waiting for 1.5" blocks to arrive to eliminate the remaining rake. went with the 1" to minimize the gap between the cv and the shock mount. leaves about an inch of clearance when the trucks on the ground. took it up into the mountains friday on washboard service roads with frost heaves all over the place and no issues at all.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, mdntmank said:

What is the offset on the rims are they gloss or matte black. Love it on the white.

Wheels are 20x10 -18 offset in matte black finish. No spacers needed. It did require some trimming to mudguards and removal of fender liner bracket so you can pin it back but very minimal compared to other trucks

• Like 1

Hi all - new to the forum and have read thru this entire thread.  Picked up an AT4 last week and had 295/70r18 Terra Grappler G2s put on.  Thought they would fit fine based on previous comments, but the passenger side tire is rubbing at full lock - mostly on the splash guard.  The truck is currently stock with no level and factory 18" wheels.  

I am considering either living with the rub, dropping down to 275/70r18s, or adding the Motofab 1/2" leveling spacers to top and bottom of the strut.  I spoke with Motofab yesterday and they are anticipating having the 1" bottom block available again in a couple weeks, but i have a few trips lined up and wanted to address the issue sooner rather than later.  Apparently there is no issue with doing both the top and bottom .5" spacers.  I'm a bit concerned about adding the level.  Seems that the CV boots are prone to tearing - has anyone had issues when installing?  Some kits (Motofab does not in their instructions) note removing the axle nut to gain some greater articulation when installing.  Is this something anyone has done during their install?  I also noticed that there are a couple of wiring harnesses on top of the struts making the 3rd bolt hard to access.  Any pointers on this as it's not really addressed in the install instructions.