Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

9 hours ago, WheelsASAP.com said:

Just noticed I mention 22 meant to have said 20, my bad. Same advise applies though as the width and the offset are the contributing factor. I'd stick to a -12 thru -18 offset on a 10 width and that's also where you would find most wheel brands target. Check out the below link of a truck I just posted, it's running 20x10 -18 on 35s, It looks Amazing!

Thanks for the information. That looks great!

• Like 1

the bfg km3s are a m/t

tire that is also very comfortable on the highway.The grapplers not so much.They get to hot when on the highway and psi jumps.

Awesome in the Bush but not a pavement tire.

On 7/23/2020 at 9:02 PM, Jp sierra said:

Just wondering what  the CV’s look like with 4inchs of lift.

Just took this photo. AT4 w/ 2" SST. Angles aren't bad at all. No worse than my 2011 F150 with a 2.5" which i ran for 150k+ miles that way with no issues.

I believe i read that on the new GM's they have a narrower diff so longer Cv's and better angles.

IMG_4494.thumb.JPG.e3d44adddc75be55cd1ca03479a3ae08.JPG

I do have minor rubbing with the tires at the moment (AT4 w/ 2" SST, 285/75/18 Ridge Grapplers on Stock 18's).

Very minimal and only when the suspension is minimally articulated going over a bump with the tires turned.

Doubt i'll even mess with it. 

IMG_4579.thumb.JPG.1e5572623d776309ea7b113035adf043.JPG

The one thing i need to check again is the UCA's. 

It looks like i may have a minor rub mark. I need to clean them off and then go play around at different steering angles and inclines and check to see if it grazes or not. 

Edited by BetaX

1 hour ago, BetaX said:

Just took this photo. AT4 w/ 2" SST. Angles aren't bad at all. No worse than my 2011 F150 with a 2.5" which i ran for 150k+ miles that way with no issues.

I believe i read that on the new GM's they have a narrower diff so longer Cv's and better angles.

IMG_4494.thumb.JPG.e3d44adddc75be55cd1ca03479a3ae08.JPG

I do have minor rubbing with the tires at the moment (AT4 w/ 2" SST, 285/75/18 Ridge Grapplers on Stock 18's).

Very minimal and only when the suspension is minimally articulated going over a bump with the tires turned.

Doubt i'll even mess with it. 

IMG_4579.thumb.JPG.1e5572623d776309ea7b113035adf043.JPG

The one thing i need to check again is the UCA's. 

It looks like i may have a minor rub mark. I need to clean them off and then go play around at different steering angles and inclines and check to see if it grazes or not. 

Thank you so much , I alway here how the angles can be compromised, but TB/AT4’s come with a actual factory lift not a level so they must have took that into consideration with different longer cv’s...those angles look fine I’ve had worse in the past . Thanks again .  And I’m only going up 1.5 

18 hours ago, Jp sierra said:

Thank you so much , I alway here how the angles can be compromised, but TB/AT4’s come with a actual factory lift not a level so they must have took that into consideration with different longer cv’s...those angles look fine I’ve had worse in the past . Thanks again .  And I’m only going up 1.5 

The AT4/TB should have no better CV angles than a non AT4/TB.

The GM AT4/TB kit is a glorified leveling kit at the end of the day they're putting on these trucks so adding additional lift is fairly significant without doing a diff drop and correcting geometry. 

I would plan on something with new uppers no matter what you choose.

The factory "lift" does not include new UCA's so i would assume these are shared across the platform. 

image.png.b5d0907b9f65a9a08be0ebc8dc7b5294.png

Here is a 2.5" on a non AT4/TB truck that had a failure recently. It was a crack instead of a ball joint so could be unrelated, but too many UCA issues to not replace when adding any additional height IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AllNewSilveradoSierra/search/?query=upper control arm&epa=SEARCH_BOX

Edited by BetaX
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BetaX said:

The GM AT4/TB kit is a glorified leveling kit at the end of the day they're putting on these trucks so adding additional lift is fairly significant without doing a diff drop and correcting geometry. 

The factory "lift" does not include new UCA's so i would assume these are shared across the platform. 

Here is a 2.5" on a non AT4/TB truck that had a failure recently. It was a crack instead of a ball joint so could be unrelated, but too many UCA issues to not replace when adding any additional height IMO.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AllNewSilveradoSierra/search/?query=upper control arm&epa=SEARCH_BOX

2.5 is a bit too much... but I see what your saying 

9 hours ago, BetaX said:

#Facts

That is why you are better off not buying an AT4 or a Trailboss. Period. It's a $hitty spacer lift at the end of the day with some garbage shocks/springs/struts. 

The only way to lift these trucks right is to put on a true stage 3 aftermarket suspension kit with new UCA's, shocks, springs and struts or coilovers. If you have the cash you should also be replacing the LCA's as well. And these trucks shouldn't be lifted more than 2-3" before the geometry goes to $hit. And the 6" kits like BDS, Zone, etc. are inherently garbage as well as while they account for changes in the geometry, they create weak points all over the suspension hence why you can't off-road them seriously. 

And a public service announcement for those who still don't get it: ROUGH COUNTRY is absolute dog $hit. Would you build a house on a half ass slab/foundation to save a couple bucks? No, because that would compromise the integrity of the rest of the home. It's crazy to me that people put these bull$h!t parts on their 40-70k trucks, just to save a couple hundred bucks... 

• Like 1

Alright, so, what is the biggest Ridge Grappler anyone has been able to run with no running or modifications on a completely stock 2020 AT4 with the OEM 20” wheels? I have read the whole thread, and it seems to be all over the map...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, OilfieldTrash78 said:

Alright, so, what is the biggest Ridge Grappler anyone has been able to run with no running or modifications on a completely stock 2020 AT4 with the OEM 20” wheels? I have read the whole thread, and it seems to be all over the map...

I have a 2019 AT4 with stock 20” wheels and am ruining NRG 35x11.5 with the only change zip-tying the drivers side wheel liner forward, closer to the bumper bracket to eliminate a very slight rub that only occurred at full right lock in reverse.  No rub after that.

To the guys that have installed the 2” rough country level kit on your AT4, are you happy so far with the kit? Any issues? I am pissed off because I had the zone 1.75” kit installed which said 295/60/20 would fit on stock wheels. That turned out to not be true. We did some significant trimming on my truck and I turned into a gas station with a slight hill and it rubbed extremely bad. I am planning to swap the kit out with the 2” from RC in hopes the little extra clearance will help with the rubbing. 

6BDEC7DE-B88D-45A8-AAC6-903A5370437C.jpeg

Edited by denverk16

1a4a2a71849d17535bef7691762c36f7.jpg
778aca120a90ce061f905d46aac7f481.jpg
4d2c52ac1d3442dcce91c7ba5ed0c69d.jpg
e957fa296956697741bd63df1b0c4a27.jpg
bb880f29261548efbe62cfa629663f36.jpg
Have been running motofab level for a year now on stock duratrac. Just installed 295/70 cooper evolution MT and they clear very well. They are 61.5 lbs which are pretty light compared to others in the same specs weighing on 70+....they measure 34.25”x12”....I could install a 1/4” or 3/8” wheel spacer but I think I will leave it like those for now. No rubbing on UCA so far all good.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, asalinasz39 said:

1a4a2a71849d17535bef7691762c36f7.jpg
778aca120a90ce061f905d46aac7f481.jpg
4d2c52ac1d3442dcce91c7ba5ed0c69d.jpg
e957fa296956697741bd63df1b0c4a27.jpg
bb880f29261548efbe62cfa629663f36.jpg
Have been running motofab level for a year now on stock duratrac. Just installed 295/70 cooper evolution MT and they clear very well. They are 61.5 lbs which are pretty light compared to others in the same specs weighing on 70+....they measure 34.25”x12”....I could install a 1/4” or 3/8” wheel spacer but I think I will leave it like those for now. No rubbing on UCA so far all good.

What size level is that .. your ball joint angles look fine ..

On 8/8/2020 at 7:14 PM, Jp sierra said:

What size level is that .. your ball joint angles look fine ..

I actually went totally against my better judgment and the judgment of some members of this forum and had a 1.5 RC level added to my 2020 trailboss... it’s only been a couple

of weeks and no issues feels stock... but we will see...don’t get me wrong the angles are not bad ... the ready lift 1-75 sounds great and most likely is due to the upper control arms, but higher lift and doesn’t address the cv axles ... so 1.5 is ok ... almost wish it was. 1.25 inch 

674EC8FC-33C5-4B5E-953D-BA3C1EF21B3D.jpeg

Edited by Jp sierra
  • Like 1