I have a 2011 Silverado 4.3L. Im slowly leaking oil, appears to be near the timing chain cover. When I noticed it I was below the low line on the dipstick. Have not seen any oil drips on my driveway but if you look around the timing chain cover and oil pan there is always a thin layer of oil. Ive had to add a quart of oil two weeks after topping it off. But there has been zero drips?!?! Can't figure out where it's going... Has anyone else had this issue? (Parked in the same spot on a clean driveway when parking and checking the oil level)

When I noticed it I was below the low line on the dipstick.

Ive had to add a quart of oil two weeks after topping it off. 

Can't help with the oil leak problem.

You might want to consider checking the oil in your vehicles more often in the future.

Once a week or every 1000 miles?

:)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, diyer2 said:

When I noticed it I was below the low line on the dipstick.

Ive had to add a quart of oil two weeks after topping it off. 

Can't help with the oil leak problem.

You might want to consider checking the oil in your vehicles more often in the future.

Once a week or every 1000 miles?

:)

Bought the truck less than month ago. I checked when I bought the truck and it was on high. I check weekly. Now daily.. No help from the dealership I bought it from.

• 1 year later...

Hey Zach, I have the same truck, single cab, 2011, 4.3 (GMC) and I’m experiencing the same thing. I bought the truck a few months ago and all seemed fine but now I’m noticing my oil level to be low not long after an oil change. I’m also seeing the oil film near the timing chain area. Did you ever end up finding the issue?