Stuck on color scheme for accessories

Just bought a 2018 sierra and I'm stuck on a few ideas on what to do with accessories, so I figured I'd post here for some opinions. Its leveled with a factory 2" leveling kit. 

The thing is that I cant seem to decide between black or chrome/stainless steel accessories. 

First idea

Get black machined wheels and a black bull bar, and swap out the running boards for a black powdercoated variant. Thinking black since my grille does not have chrome inserts and part of the bumper is black. Would also match the black lip around the wheel wells. Maybe even get a black mesh T-rex grille. Not sure if I wanna try and color match the bumpers eventually, stainless holds up better against rock chips.

Second Idea

Polished stainless steel bull bar with chrome or silver machined wheels. Possibly get some chrome grill inserts. Would match the stainless steel bumpers and running boards I currently have on it, but I dont want to go overboard with the chrome/stainless look.

Pictures of either setup with the stainless steel bumpers would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

20190124_140124.jpg

Go with idea #2

Too many guys go with that black crap.

The only thing that looks good in black is the truck itself.

I went with Stainless steel steps , bed rails , exhaust tip and stainless steel trimmed mudflaps . And chrome 22's .No bull bar for me but if you want one go for it. 

Put chrome wheels on it too.

This is all a matter of what you like too.

I'm old school. I'm old too.

IMG_20190107_113944.jpg

• Thanks 1

Contrast is a thing of beauty. I think two colors on autos is the max. Since the truck is blue and your bumpers are chrome I would do chrome accessories.

I would also think about painting the chrome part of your grille body color.

If you had a black or red truck I would consider black accessories. Also don't do the bull bar, they are pointless for anything besides looks or very low speed low force moving of objects. Not going to do anything to protect anything in a crash besides jam up into your bumper and grille.

For the record I'm in the process of dechroming my truck. I'm going all black everything except for the rear bumper and the accent color (chrome/stainless) of my wheels and the badges. I just had my steps powder coated black. I still follow the two color rule though lol.

20180907_112557_HDR.jpg

Edited by jaxcam02

1 hour ago, dieselfan1 said:

I'm old school. I'm old too.

One of the better statements I've seen around here...probably because I am, too. :D Very nice looking truck!

To the OP, I suggest basing your choices on function. Example, wheels: if you're only using your truck on the road, rarely offroad, dress it up with good looking chrome wheels. If, like me, you will be offroad some, stick with 18's in a painted finish but get something you like. Me, I like the stockers on my 16 SLE and doubt I'll ever change them. And, I like 18's better than 20's or 22's due to ride and side wall size...and curbs.

Steps rails...pure function if you're going to use them. I'm going black because I want the offroad style with dropped steps as they work better for me than the style on diesel's truck (no disrespect, they do look good). And, I don't think that style looks as good in polished as black.

With the other items, I think chrome will look better with your blue truck. I like your grill idea...looks very sharp to me and might be the only change you want on the front end. Like said above, I'm not a bull bar fan. To me, it's a glorified fog light platform, nothing more, and looks like it.

Looking at your truck...no black wheels. Chrome or silver will look better in my opinion.

Main thing: it's your truck and your money, get what you think looks best and be proud of it. That's all that really matters.

• Thanks 1

Think I've decided on what I want in the end, thanks for the help! I'm gonna stick with a chrome grill and get some 18" chrome wheels. Mainly got the truck for the ride height in the winter and ease of moving things around when needed. No offroading for this one.

Just bought a 2018 sierra and I'm stuck on a few ideas on what to do with accessories, so I figured I'd post here for some opinions. Its leveled with a factory 2" leveling kit. 

The thing is that I cant seem to decide between black or chrome/stainless steel accessories. 

First idea
Get black machined wheels and a black bull bar, and swap out the running boards for a black powdercoated variant. Thinking black since my grille does not have chrome inserts and part of the bumper is black. Would also match the black lip around the wheel wells. Maybe even get a black mesh T-rex grille. Not sure if I wanna try and color match the bumpers eventually, stainless holds up better against rock chips.

Second Idea
Polished stainless steel bull bar with chrome or silver machined wheels. Possibly get some chrome grill inserts. Would match the stainless steel bumpers and running boards I currently have on it, but I dont want to go overboard with the chrome/stainless look.

Pictures of either setup with the stainless steel bumpers would be appreciated, thanks in advance!

20190124_140124.thumb.jpg.7f93fa174856089d0332c9a65a51cd47.jpg

Not sure if you would be interested but I’m looking to black everything out and if you were wanting chrome in the grill if you are interested in swapping I’d be game...a611ceafcbbf9c7af6f138885a9ea6de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chrome is best reserved for classic muscle cars and (some) Harleys. Chrome on trucks tends to look gaudy. Not that I'm a fan of a "murdered" truck, but body matched accessories with a splash of a contrasting color looks simple, clean and impressive.

The usual disclaimers apply here. IMHO, YMMV, etc., etc........

Shakey

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shakeydeal said:

Chrome is best reserved for classic muscle cars and (some) Harleys. Chrome on trucks tends to look gaudy. Not that I'm a fan of a "murdered" truck, but body matched accessories with a splash of a contrasting color looks simple, clean and impressive.

The usual disclaimers apply here. IMHO, YMMV, etc., etc........

Shakey

Am I considered murdered out? You won't hurt my feelings..

20180518_200124.jpg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, dbarter said:

Think I've decided on what I want in the end, thanks for the help! I'm gonna stick with a chrome grill and get some 18" chrome wheels. Mainly got the truck for the ride height in the winter and ease of moving things around when needed. No offroading for this one.

Better get them chrome door handles and mirror caps to complete the look...