Good bye ford

Coming from a 2018 f150 with a ton of issues. Ford is buying my truck back due to lemon law. Anyway, looking at a 2018 Silverado 71 with the all star package. There are actually a bunch at the dealership near me. I’m assuming this will help me negotiate a great price. My question is how much do you think I could get one for?

This is off the Chevrolet web site.  So I would say this would be the total off sticker for  what is stated below.  Possibly more since tomorrow is the end of the month and they want to move some trucks off the lot. 

2018 SILVERADO 1500 CREW CAB LT ALL STAR

For current GM Owners          
$7,500 Total Cash Allowance
              $3,000 Price Reduction Below MSRP
       + $750 Option Package Discount
$11,250 Total Value

when you finance with GM Financial

I’ve had soo many problems with my truck. For one , Chevy isn’t the only one with vibration problems. My truck vibrates like crazy and they never figured it out. I’ve had my iwe’s fixed, brake booster replaced multiple times, multiple sensors replaced, rear brake lights didn’t work, parking brake issues, brake pedal assembly replaced after multiple repair attempts on it. And don’t get me started on that ten speed tranny. I’ve had it go into what felt like neutral at a stop several times, then would lunge so hard I thought i was gonna snap my neck. Luckily, nobody was in front of me. It’s so jerky, clunky and feels like its searching. Ughhh, the list goes on and on with problems.  

Anyway, buddy of mine has a Silverado without issues so I decided maybe I’ll look into that. gmcs are nice but a little more out of my price range. The dealership by me has like 20 z71’s anywhere from 39,900-43,000. Being they’re 2018’s I figured I could get it less than that. What do you think?

11 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

I’ve had soo many problems with my truck. For one , Chevy isn’t the only one with vibration problems. My truck vibrates like crazy and they never figured it out. I’ve had my iwe’s fixed, brake booster replaced multiple times, multiple sensors replaced, rear brake lights didn’t work, parking brake issues, brake pedal assembly replaced after multiple repair attempts on it. And don’t get me started on that ten speed tranny. I’ve had it go into what felt like neutral at a stop several times, then would lunge so hard I thought i was gonna snap my neck. Luckily, nobody was in front of me. It’s so jerky, clunky and feels like its searching. Ughhh, the list goes on and on with problems.  

Anyway, buddy of mine has a Silverado without issues so I decided maybe I’ll look into that. gmcs are nice but a little more out of my price range. The dealership by me has like 20 z71’s anywhere from 39,900-43,000. Being they’re 2018’s I figured I could get it less than that. What do you think?

I had a 2015 and 2016 f150's without issues, its pretty much luck of the draw these days with any brand. Lurk around you'll see these trucks are far from problem free. Dealers should be about ready to give away the 18's by now, for a 49k msrp Lt crew you should be around the 35k range. Check out the volume dealers like bachman or laura. 

Edited by uood8
  • Like 1

you might want to also try a new Toyota Tundra, stay away from Dodge  products . the Dodge warrantee service I've had to deal with on two cars was just disrespectful towards customers.. and no transmissions over 6 speeds. eveything out there is crap  tranny related, GM has a great 6speed its tuned from the factory a little wierd but it can be corrected easily with hand held devices

Edited by flyingfool

Thanks. I was thinking of offering around 36 for the ones with the 52k msrp. So I’m not way off. I never thought of buying from out of state but I’ll take a look at those dealers. Maybe worth it. Btw, my stepfather has a dodge with all the bells and whistles. Beautiful truck, has had its issues though. I totally agree with you. It’s really hit or miss. I like the fords. Customer service was terrible. 

Edited by Thejet07

1 minute ago, flyingfool said:

you might want to also try a new Toyota Tundra, stay away from Dodge  products . the Dodge warrantee service I've had to deal with on two cars was just disrespectful towards customers..

The tundras are nice but the mpgs are terrible on those right?

3 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

standard 14mpg/20 hwy  all automakers have horrible mpg, its advertise rating is always better. the reason the mpg might be worse is I believe the Tundras make more HP and they may not have v4 mode. which everyone hates anyways

Edited by flyingfool

10 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Talked to a guy in a brand new Tundra 4wd at the gas station the other day, he is getting 12.5 mpg.  Loves the truck, hates the trips to get gas.  They are often.

I work with a guy who told me his gas mileage is terrible but has had no issues with the truck. 12.5 mpg I would say is average for a tundra. I just don’t know what to get. I’m like a injured fawn. Lol. After my ford experience I feel apprehensive to get any truck. Then there’s the damn internet. You read forums where people talk about all their issues with their trucks. Of course forums are usually place to post complaints and not gloat about all the good things. 

• Like 1

I work with a guy who told me his gas mileage is terrible but has had no issues with the truck. 12.5 mpg I would say is average for a tundra. I just don’t know what to get. I’m like a injured fawn. Lol. After my ford experience I feel apprehensive to get any truck. Then there’s the damn internet. You read forums where people talk about all their issues with their trucks. Of course forums are usually place to post complaints and not gloat about all the good things. 
I don't like the Tundras. One of my in-laws has the top trim level one and the step bars flex. Feels like a trampoline. It's comparable in trim to an SLT or LTZ but I think it misses the mark.

I still think you get more for your dollar with a Chevy or GMC. There's a reason they are higher priced.

Never Ferd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

• Like 1