Automatic Folding Mirrors

I wish they actually were automatic, I have not found a way to just shut the car down or restart and have them auto fold open like in my VW. Making you hold the lock button to fold and unlock button to unfold is not automatic.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It would be nice to have a setting you could turn on to have them automatically fold when you turn the vehicle off and unfold when you start it back up.  Some places around here the parking it tight plus in my garage it makes it nice to be able to walk around the truck when they are folded. 

Pushing a button to fold your mirror rather than pushing on the mirror itself would suggest to me that this feature is automatic.  I avoid parking in areas that are so tight that folding my mirrors is required.  I learned that the more I avoid such spaces, the less likelihood of door dings.   There are drivers who do not care for vehicles like we do and see no harm in opening their door until it rests on the vehicle next to them.  I often remain in the vehicle while my more agile wife does a brief errand.  It is astonishing the number of people who open their doors in this manner!  Having mirrors fold and unfold with the ignition would be annoying and unnecessary, imo.

28 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Pushing a button to fold your mirror rather than pushing on the mirror itself would suggest to me that this feature is automatic.  I avoid parking in areas that are so tight that folding my mirrors is required.  I learned that the more I avoid such spaces, the less likelihood of door dings.   There are drivers who do not care for vehicles like we do and see no harm in opening their door until it rests on the vehicle next to them.  I often remain in the vehicle while my more agile wife does a brief errand.  It is astonishing the number of people who open their doors in this manner!  Having mirrors fold and unfold with the ignition would be annoying and unnecessary, imo.

I totally agree I always park where I'm sure no other vehicle is near, people I believe are jealous of new vehicles n are just plain careless

• Like 1

On my BMW I was able to install an Intravee audio integration.  Since it plugs into the car's IBus with all the switches and light controls it also offered up a feature to automatically fold the mirrors on lock and unfold on unlock (windows close/open is triggered separately).

Even when parking with lots of space around it's just better.  The mirrors tucked in are less exposed to the elements and help keep snow off the side windows where I'd have to clear to see the mirrors anyway.

Sure it'd be nice to retire, or just quit my job and never have to live in civilization or park near other cars again, and just have runners do all my shopping for me while I wait in the car.  Honestly that's not really a luxury I can afford right now and still buy all the toys I want like this truck.

• Like 1

I had to use the mirror folding feature to park in my old garage, and I cant count how many times I got half way to work with them still folded in the mornings. No a problem since moving. And since we are talking about mirrors... I sure wish the automatic curb-view mirror dipping when in reverse function (does it have an official name?) would stay on for more than 15 seconds.

M.

On 2/4/2019 at 8:06 AM, towdog333 said:

I totally agree I always park where I'm sure no other vehicle is near, people I believe are jealous of new vehicles n are just plain careless

Lest we forget that person who goes out of their way to park beside you - when you’ve taken the time to park away from the pack. :-) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mistergmc said:

Lest we forget that person who goes out of their way to park beside you - when you’ve taken the time to park away from the pack. :-) 

There's something wrong with people like that. Total tools for sure. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mistergmc said:

51 minutes ago, smit303 said:

There's something wrong with people like that. Total tools for sure. 

Naw, it actually makes sense.  They trust you not to mess with their car since you clearly don't want people messing with yours, so now they have one less side to worry about.

They're just starting a club and you're in it!

16 hours ago, mistergmc said:

Yea people will do that, I now have a disable vet plate so I usually get a good spot now

What I hate more than anything is lame people who leave shopping carts out in the lot next to cars

On 2/12/2019 at 2:36 PM, towdog333 said:

Yea people will do that, I now have a disable vet plate so I usually get a good spot now

What I hate more than anything is lame people who leave shopping carts out in the lot next to cars

That is how i got a ding in my ford escape. Parked away from everyone and some lazy f*ck didn't put the cart away and it rolled into my car. Its the same lazy people that drive around for 5 minutes for a close parking space when they could have already parked and been inside. The thing that makes me laugh the most are the people at the gym i go to do the same thing. There going to the gym but need to find a space close to the door.