Headlight upgrade

Hello all,

I am thinking of upgrading my stock halogen headlights to something that is brighter(either led or hid) and has slightly more throw on my 2015 silverado 1500. I was wondering what brands are reputable and reliable. I am looking for something that requires little to almost no modification of the factory harness. If anyone can point me in the right direction or provide thier own opinions it would be greatly appreciated

I bought a set of leds for 45 dollars on ebay, i have the same truck '15 1500. The set included highs lows and fogs. I have only gotten around to installing the low beams. Hardly ever use the highs with how good the low beams are. Had them for about 4 months now no problems what so ever plug and play and fit behind the dust caps. I forget the brand but they were the first to come up when i searched on ebay and advertised they were made in usa.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Though this has been covered many times in forum your best bet with reflector style headlights is a H9 bulb swap. You can buy hella brand h9 bulbs that will be a significant improvement over the stock h11 bulb. Stay away from LED or HID bulbs in reflector housing the headlight will create to much glare and a bad beam pattern that will look like crap on the road as well as blinding the shit out of other vehicles.

• Like 2

Recently installed HID’s in my wife’s 16 Yukon XL, enormous difference. HID’s or LED’s require harnesses drilled into sheet metal or zip tied in order to be installed. I don’t have a longevity of the system yet but it’s a night and day difference.

This is the brand, Oracle out of Houston Tx. It’s a plug and play system, pretty straight forward. You’ll need to drill a hole into the round dust cap that you screw off and on in order to install a rubber grommet used to seal out dirt and moisture.

ec55a6af7a452798ceed82136c877ff9.jpg
ff868c12eb0d037dcbfc77fe8f552210.jpg

Sent from above